wor1002010

NO RESPONSE AT THE PCUT CT-630

Hi to all... I have a ct-630 for the last 3 years. I purchased as a backup cutter and never used it. Two weeks ago, my mimaki plotter died and I tried to install the ct-630 with no luck. Here are the some issues that I noticed in this cutter:

1- If the ct-630 is a 24 inches vinyl cutter, why the displays says: ct-900.(I suppose that the ct-900 is a 48 inches cutter, right?)

2- I saw that all the ct-630 comes with a 9 pins serial port and a usb port, but my cutter came with just a 25 pins serial port.

3- The cutting head have 2 insert holes to place the knife, why?

4- Since I have this plotter during 3 years in a safe place, I lost the driver and the programs cd. I downloaded the manual from here.

I installed a plugin in Corel Draw 13 to cut directly to the plotter but nothing happens.

The plotter responds to all the features in the display.

I have a pc i5-2600k intel processor, 4gig of memory, 1 tera of capacity and Windows-7 installed. Please, somebody help me, because during the last 2 weeks I spent a lot of hours trying to setup this cutter with no luck.

Thanks in Advance

William Ortiz

wor1002010@hotmail.com

Hi to all... I have a ct-630 for the last 3 years. I purchased as a backup cutter and never used it. Two weeks ago, my mimaki plotter died and I tried to install the ct-630 with no luck. Here are the some issues that I noticed in this cutter:

1- If the ct-630 is a 24 inches vinyl cutter, why the displays says: ct-900.(I suppose that the ct-900 is a 48 inches cutter, right?)

2- I saw that all the ct-630 comes with a 9 pins serial port and a usb port, but my cutter came with just a 25 pins serial port.

3- The cutting head have 2 insert holes to place the knife, why?

4- Since I have this plotter during 3 years in a safe place, I lost the driver and the programs cd. I downloaded the manual from here.

I installed a plugin in Corel Draw 13 to cut directly to the plotter but nothing happens.

The plotter responds to all the features in the display.

I have a pc i5-2600k intel processor, 4gig of memory, 1 tera of capacity and Windows-7 installed. Please, somebody help me, because during the last 2 weeks I spent a lot of hours trying to setup this cutter with no luck.

Thanks in Advance

William Ortiz

wor1002010@hotmail.com

start here with the newbie manual, download in first post, download a FREE unlimited trial version of Signblazer from the Signblazer thread here in the forum. The cutter head has two holes. Front hole for pen, back hole for blade. Go on Ebay or other electronic store and find the 25 pin cable. Many out there, or the 25 pin adapter.

• Like 1

Hello from Puerto Rico,

Skeeter...Thanks for your help. I downloaded the sginblazer and the program is OK. I set all the serial port parameters

in the program and in the DEVICE MANAGER, but I still have communication problems. When I press "Cut Tile", it says:

"Cannot open the output device. Error initializing cutter."

I changed the serial parameters in the program but in the plotter display, I don't find the configuration section to

check the serial parameters.

These are the displayed steps:

I pressed "ONLINE" and then "MODE"

It display: "PRESS"

then: "TEST"

" "REPEAT"

" "CUTSPEED"

" "X_SCALE"

" "Y_SCALE"

after that, it display the X=+00000 and Y=+00000

and then it start over again with the "PRESS" parameter.

Didn't find the "BAUD RATE" as specified in your newbie manual.

I am confusing with the model number. As I noticed, the CT-630 is for 24 inches cutting area, my plotter display says:

"CT-900". The CT-900 is supposed to be a 48 inches cutter, RIGHT OR WORNG":huh:

There is a photo attachment of my cutter.

Thanks for all your help.

William Ortiz

wor1002010@hotmail.com

post-18331-0-99304000-1307462660_thumb.j

Your welcome

The model number shouldn't matter, it takes the same driver. For all Pcuts. All the configurations is in the Signblazer software and your computer. NOT the cutter. Make sure the com port numbers match in the Signblazer software set up and your computer device manager.

Your welcome

The model number shouldn't matter, it takes the same driver. For all Pcuts. All the configurations is in the Signblazer software and your computer. NOT the cutter. Make sure the com port numbers match in the Signblazer software set up and your computer device manager.

That is a 630....24" is the maximum cutting width. The port setting should be lpt not serial.

Actually, it is not the same driver for all pcuts. The different drivers tell the software the size of the cutting area,etc.

Try the ct630 or the ctn630 drivers, with your port set to LPT. If you can't find the baud rate on the cutter itself, just try 9600 that should be the default, and if that doesn't work, try the 4800.

That is a 630....24" is the maximum cutting width. The port setting should be lpt not serial.

Actually, it is not the same driver for all pcuts. The different drivers tell the software the size of the cutting area,etc.

Try the ct630 or the ctn630 drivers, with your port set to LPT. If you can't find the baud rate on the cutter itself, just try 9600 that should be the default, and if that doesn't work, try the 4800.

thanks John for correcting my errors :D

THANK YOU VERY MUCH... BANNERJOHN AND SKEETER...

I'LL TRY AGAIN AS A LPT PORT TODAY...

WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Did ever started to work.

The port on the cutter is a 25 serial port from the picture seen.

It is not a parallel port as that should have clips to hold the parallel port cable.

If it is connected with serial you need to select the correct com port!

Com 1 or Com 2 and still need to be set to the correct settings in windows hardware.

http://www.pcut-cn.com/en/product/detail.php?p_id=24

This is the same one? it says 38 inch............. :-)

You can use the trial from Signcut Pro as the driver is there inside the SC PRO.

Paco

Thanks to all of the people that tried to help me fixing my CT-630.

At last I am on the way with my cutter. It's a serial port.

There is in the manual a schematic to build the serial cable, so I decided to prepare it. First it not work because, for some reason, the COM6 is the port that was assigned, but didn't work. So I decided to delete the port and re-create it in de Device Manager and for the first time, it works!!!!

But, each time I run Signlab 7.1, I need to delete again the port and create it again, so that's ok for me.

So tell the people that if there is no response from the cutter and the com-port is ok, to go to the Device Manager, delete the corresponding port and press in the above screen the "Scan for hardware changes". This worked for me and maybe it work for other people too.

The next step is to try to cut directly from Corel X3, in this case, at this moment, didn't work, but I can live with that.

Thanks again to all of you people in this forum, I appreciate your help with my cutter.

Ok for the serial port.

You cant print directly from corel to the Pcut.

Your need always a cutting program like Flexi or Sign cut pro.

Read the new bie manual in the instructional section where it explains all ahout the programs.

Paco

Hate to drag out an old topic, but I just purchased a CT630 second-hand and seem to be having the same issues as William. I have it connected via my PC with a 25-pin cord (male to male adapter on one end to connect to the 25-pin port on the back of the computer). I'm running the SignBlazer software and get the same "Cannot open the output device. Error initializing cutter." error. I'm noticing that folks are talking about a driver for the LPT1 port, but I'm not finding anything besides USB drivers anywhere.

Appreciate any help!