joshlw

why want this open in corel

keeps giving invalid file type. Can anyone shed some light on this for me.

sorry my mistake. It is vectorized. It opens fine in Flexi, but too new a version to open in my illy CS2

It opens fine in Illustrator.....So it is probably an eps created in Illustrator.....They are both eps files but not exactly the same format and there is compatibility problems.....

It would help if you told us your version of Corel!

My Corel X3 opened the file with no problems. I didn't think it would as it's created by Adobe version 13 which I thought was beyond my Corel's capabilities. Ah-well.

Anyway, here's a version I converted with ghostscript/ghostview, then imported into Corel and saved again so it had a preview built-in. If you can't load this one, then you must have an old version of Corel...

TurkeyCall1.eps

Opens fine in X5 for me...... What version of Corel?

To me it sounds like your windows extensions are corrupt. Let me know if you can't get this working, I'll see if I can help ya

thanks BearlyRich that worked perfectly. I am using older corel 12 though. Thank you to every one for you input. I have a few file from time to time that do this and can't figure it out.thank you again

As long as it works, that's what counts...

I posted a topic around here somewhere about converting newer format vector files. Here's the quick version:

Install ghostscript and ghostview! You can open almost all those newer files using ghostview (which uses ghostscript) and then export them as an eps or pdf file. That's how I do conversions over here because my Corel X3 is "old" too and can't handle the newer formats.

As long as it works, that's what counts...

I posted a topic around here somewhere about converting newer format vector files. Here's the quick version:

Install ghostscript and ghostview! You can open almost all those newer files using ghostview (which uses ghostscript) and then export them as an eps or pdf file. That's how I do conversions over here because my Corel X3 is "old" too and can't handle the newer formats.

got it installed already had ghostscript installed, and it will open the file, but i dont see an export option

Sorry, in ghostview, it's "convert" under the File menu. When the Convert window opens, choose either "epswrite" or "pdfwrite" and you're good to go...

Sorry, in ghostview, it's "convert" under the File menu. When the Convert window opens, choose either "epswrite" or "pdfwrite" and you're good to go...

+1 :thumbsup::D