jenn

Need Help Vectorizing

Looking for assistance in getting this image vectorized. Can anyone help me? New at this and am having problems..........thanks.

post-2662-0-58205500-1305684154_thumb.jp

hope this works for you :)

As I said, im not familiar with vectorizing. Is there anyway you could send in eps format? Also, when i import a jpeg into signblazer, I just select "mode", then "monochrome", then I vectorize it? Sorry, all new to me....still trying to find a manual dealing with signblazer.

Here's an eps version.

Yes, that's how you would vectorize in SB. It works okay, but only for monochrome which can ruin some graphics. If you don't already have Corel or Illustrator, I would suggest you look into Inkscape. It's free and does a very good job vectorizing. Although I find it confusing next to Corel (I have X3). It has a pretty good help file for learning it's features and many people here use it, including me on occasion.

soyacandles1.eps

Here's an eps version.

Yes, that's how you would vectorize in SB. It works okay, but only for monochrome which can ruin some graphics. If you don't already have Corel or Illustrator, I would suggest you look into Inkscape. It's free and does a very good job vectorizing. Although I find it confusing next to Corel (I have X3). It has a pretty good help file for learning it's features and many people here use it, including me on occasion.

Thanks, I've just tried to import that eps file into signblazer and nothing happens.........ugghhhh....sorry..not that savy when it comes to this.

Thanks, I've just tried to import that eps file into signblazer and nothing happens.........ugghhhh....sorry..not that savy when it comes to this.

does anyone know what i am doing wrong? i'm importing the eps file into sb and nothing is coming up?

It's difficult to tell what the problem is without knowing what you're doing, what your setup is, etc... I tried importing the file into SB and it worked fine. Can you see the preview from the SB import screen?

I just tried importing with both the PS interpreter mode and scanner mode and both worked.

Let us know the steps you're taking to import and exactly what you see. This is really hard without being able to see your screen. Sorry...

No, i can't see a preview in my SB screen...it has the file name, but no preview..i'm thinking it shouldn't be this hard...

No, it should be easy. But sometimes the simplest things can drive us nuts :P

So, what version of SB are you using and on what operating system? Then, where did you save the eps file?

Just for a further test, I just downloaded the eps file into another folder and imported that one. Worked just fine again. This makes it difficult to figure out why it won't work for you... I wish someone else could come up with an idea...

not sure which version i have...i know it's not the latest. where would i get that? i'm running on windows vista...i had saved the file just on my desktop

You can find the SB version from the Help menu under About.

Uhhg, vista. Okay, I can't help much there...

Now, I just downloaded the graphic again to try importing it from my Desktop. I saved it fine, but I couldn't figure out how to import it from the Desktop through SB? Mine only shows my drives and folders. I know I could drill down through 'Documents & settings", etc. to find my desktop folder, but I didn't feel like going through that much work...

My first suggestion is to create a folder just for downloaded graphics files and save them all to that one. I have many sub-folders in mine to help categorize them. Makes things much easier.

Then, have you downloaded any other eps files that did work? I'd hate to think there was something wrong with mine, but who knows?

jenn, you have to import it, you can't just open it, I don't think.

.i did import it...the version i have is 6.0.21.....this is getting frustrating...as i know this is a very simple process...when i see the preview in SB it's just black...and when i import it, there is nothing there.....

.i did import it...the version i have is 6.0.21.....this is getting frustrating...as i know this is a very simple process...when i see the preview in SB it's just black...and when i import it, there is nothing there.....

Jenn,

Did you try both options? I just tried importing it into my SBE (6.0.21) and the first option works fine - the second gives me an error and forces the program to cose. Try "Use full postscript interpreter" and see if that works for you.

-Mike

Odd, I have version 6.05 (UK version) and no problems importing with either option. Thanks for the report and test Mike.

Jenn: Have you imported any other eps files at all? It would help to know if you have a global problem or just with this graphic...

there's two different types on imports, full post script interpreter or post script. Did you try them both? When you save a eps file for graphics, save it in a dedicated file with a name like epssbexe or something like that. I never save to desktop, most of what I have is in documents.