AbsoluteAirbrush

How To Trace Artwork I created...

I'm trying to trace artwork that I created in inkscape but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I can do it with images from the net etc and do it effortlessly, but I'm missing a critical step somewhere on this one. I know it's something simple, but can't seem to find any information on this anywhere, been looking on here and every where else but to no avail. It's just a simple superman crest like shape with SK in it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you, any and all help is appreciated! Alan

I'm trying to trace artwork that I created in inkscape but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I can do it with images from the net etc and do it effortlessly, but I'm missing a critical step somewhere on this one. I know it's something simple, but can't seem to find any information on this anywhere, been looking on here and every where else but to no avail. It's just a simple superman crest like shape with SK in it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you, any and all help is appreciated! Alan

If you created it in Inkscape, it should already be vector, Inkscape is a vector program. and no need to trace it. Save it, or export as .eps. or whatever format you need it in.

If you created it in Inkscape, it should already be vector, Inkscape is a vector program. and no need to trace it. Save it, or export as .eps. or whatever format you need it in.

Thanks Skeeter, I did discover that just now but now my issue to how to get the letters and crest bound together to cut it as one item. I've tried, "object to path",

"union", "group" etc etc. And I know that I'm making this harder than it has to be, but just can't figure out how to do it. Just trying to cut some paint mask for a hhelmet job, could freehand it but it needs to be small so I figured, use the tools I have and learn how to do it on this because I have some jobs coming up where this will be a life saver, if it doesn't kill me first! LOL

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Alan

Generally, when a graphic is finished it should be 'grouped' so as to keep all the bits together.

What are you using to cut? In most programs, when you get to the cut screen, you have to select the colors of your graphic to cut. This allows 'layering'. If you want to cut the entire graphic, and it has more than one color, you have to select all the colors that you want to cut at one time.

Generally, when a graphic is finished it should be 'grouped' so as to keep all the bits together.

What are you using to cut? In most programs, when you get to the cut screen, you have to select the colors of your graphic to cut. This allows 'layering'. If you want to cut the entire graphic, and it has more than one color, you have to select all the colors that you want to cut at one time.

LX8 from signwarehouse is what I'm using to cut... In inkscape it's all together and when you click on the mode edit tool, nodes show up on both parts and then I save it as an eps and when I import it to LX8 and send it to the plotter, only one part of it shows up. Just trying to figure this out, once I know something, I've got it, jsut trying to get to that point! :-)

Thanks for your help Bear, let me keep messing with it to see what I can come up with... Alan

Sorry, I have no idea about LX8? But if you re-import that graphic into inkscape and it's completely there, then it's probably the color choosing thing I mentioned. I think all cutting software allows (makes) you choose what color to cut.