Carlcas

MH 871 Question

Just a quick question about the US Cutter MH 871 Cutter.

For those of you who own this machine....How do you cut the sheets off the Cutter, after the art is cut?

I use a razor blade and run it through one of the slits on the machine itself, But man that sure is scratching and doing its job on the machine =(

Has to be an easier way....No?

Just curious how others were doing it.

Thanks

Carl

Just a quick question about the US Cutter MH 871 Cutter.

For those of you who own this machine....How do you cut the sheets off the Cutter, after the art is cut?

I use a razor blade and run it through one of the slits on the machine itself, But man that sure is scratching and doing its job on the machine =(

Has to be an easier way....No?

Just curious how others were doing it.

Thanks

Carl

Good question.. i would love to know to i have the MH 721 and i use a exacto knife and it cuts the machine up :(

i tryed to use a letter opener or then things you use to cut Christmas paper lol

:)

Good question.. i would love to know to i have the MH 721 and i use a exacto knife and it cuts the machine up :(

i tryed to use a letter opener or then things you use to cut Christmas paper lol

:)

LOL! I thought of trying one of those letter openers too! =)

Just hoping someone knows of a nifty tool or something to make the job easier, or at least easier on the machine.

Carl

I use one of those letter openers that you get as advertisement pieces - you know, they're rectangle and have a razor blade mounted in them. I align the vinyl with the one of the indents on the cutter, then slide the opener the length of the vinyl. It cuts smooth and leaves a straight edge for the next use.

It's really early, I hope I explained this correctly :blink:

I went to Michael's craft store and bought a gift wrap cutter. If fits right into the grooves on the front of my cutter (mh-871) and glides along for a really good cut and doesn't scratch up the machine like an exacto or razor.

I have a cheap promotional type knife ( $1 variety ) that I use . it came dull & is even duller now ... it does not need to be sharp to cut the vinyl using the slot . It does a great job without damaging the machine . I suggest having a small knife dedicated for that job . You can gring the tip flat to do less damage .