Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

Help me under stand the Heat press!

I want to get in to using heat presses. I did some screen printing/heat press's in college and back then we would print the image, backwards, on a transfer sheet and then use the heat press to transfer it to the garnet then there would normally be the unused heat transfer paper on the garment. So, as I'm looking around I see there is heat press vinyl. I have a cutter so I'm thinking I buy this special heat press vinyl, cute out my image, weed it and then put it on the garnet all under the heat press, press down and presto? Is this correct? No more printing an image onto transfer paper and then onto the garment? Has everyone had pretty good success in making money with these things? I'd like to have one around in the event people need items (which is why I have the cutter, have owned it since August 2010 and its paid for it self plus $100 including supplies. So I'd essentially want to get the heat press in hopes of it being as successful). Thoughts? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my newbie questions! :)

I want to get in to using heat presses. I did some screen printing/heat press's in college and back then we would print the image, backwards, on a transfer sheet and then use the heat press to transfer it to the garnet then there would normally be the unused heat transfer paper on the garment. So, as I'm looking around I see there is heat press vinyl. I have a cutter so I'm thinking I buy this special heat press vinyl, cute out my image, weed it and then put it on the garnet all under the heat press, press down and presto? Is this correct? No more printing an image onto transfer paper and then onto the garment? Has everyone had pretty good success in making money with these things? I'd like to have one around in the event people need items (which is why I have the cutter, have owned it since August 2010 and its paid for it self plus $100 including supplies. So I'd essentially want to get the heat press in hopes of it being as successful). Thoughts? Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my newbie questions! :)

That is correct. There is a backing material on the heat press vinyl that peels off after pressing. Some materials you peel while still hot, other you wait until it cools down.

Jay

heat transfer material is very easy to use especially if you are already accustomed to using sign Vinyl. Heat Transfer Vinyl has a backing/carrier sheet that is the layer between the vinyl and the hot press. This carrier sheet is essentially your mask and you will see this after you cut in "Mirror" image, weed the material, lay on the shirt and it will read right.

many different colors,fashion prints glitters out in the market these days.

Good luck and don't forget to pre-press

+ 1 on the previous posts...also i will add t-shirt vinyl is alot higher than sign vinyl. 15" x 11' roll goin for around $25 + shipping. Just thought I would throw that out there since no one else has.