i am new at this so please help i have a vinyl master cutter and i am using flexi 8.1 software using a keyspan usb to rs232 converter it sets up fine but the problem im having is sending things to the cutter from my computer all i have is usb ports so as to what do i send it to which port it needs to go to all i have is usb ports and the ports you can send to are com1: com2: com3: com4: lpt1: lpt2: lpt3: tcp/ip file: SHRFAX and xpsport please help

i am new at this so please help i have a vinyl master cutter and i am using flexi 8.1 software using a keyspan usb to rs232 converter it sets up fine but the problem im having is sending things to the cutter from my computer all i have is usb ports so as to what do i send it to which port it needs to go to all i have is usb ports and the ports you can send to are com1: com2: com3: com4: lpt1: lpt2: lpt3: tcp/ip file: SHRFAX and xpsport please help

what operating system are you using on your computer? Flexi8.1 was made for XP on down, for windows, Flexi was not even Vista compatible til version 8.5

You need to go to your device manager and see which com port you have it pulled into, then match that com port in Flexi set up.

im having the same issues with my flexi,i tried all the ports listed and nothing

which port is it on the computer i have a hp labtop and it has usb ports thats all

what operating system on your HP laptop? XP? VISTA? windows7? usb ports are still com ports. open up your device manager in your computer and see which one is assigned when you plug the cable in. . What ever number it is match it to the com port # in you Flexi set up.

Here is your instructions from the Master vinyl cutter website

http://www.masterwarehouse.com/help/

heck im so desprete to use my flexi ill pay somone if they get it workin for me

Your not giving any info as to what your problem is, :unsure: what vinyl cutter? what operating system? what Flexi? Pro? starter? You need to give some info if you need help. .So what is your problem? We can't help if we don't know... Have you read the newbie manual yet? Download in first post..

i was just told 8.1 wont work on vista,so i guess i cant be helped lol

Flexi was not updated to Vista until version 8.5, Unless you can pick up a cheap XP computer, That is all I use is XP. I don't upgrade, I just purchase more XP. more stable.

Have you considered trying Signblazer? You can download it here on the forum. It's FREE

yea it came with my cutter,i tried it and didnt care for it but im so use to flexi i hate to get away from it

yea it came with my cutter,i tried it and didnt care for it but im so use to flexi i hate to get away from it

So what computer are you using the Flexi8.1 on? You say your using Flexi..

dell,windows vista 32bit

and it works on the Vista? If so, why can't you set your cutter up? Or what exactly is your problem? you have never stated.

no it doesnt that was my problem i didnt know it wouldnt work on vista

Ok, Well, your going to have to either choose a different computer or different cutting software, Can't help until you do that,.

yea thats wat im sittin here thinkin LOL i have a xp thats not in use,but i had a heck of time settin up my cutter to this,so i dunno if i wanna bother mite just get 8.5

yea thats wat im sittin here thinkin LOL i have a xp thats not in use,but i had a heck of time settin up my cutter to this,so i dunno if i wanna bother mite just get 8.5

XP is much more stable.. and if it has a serial port even better. Flexi is up to Flexi 10 now.

yea i seen that,heard there wasnt much diffrence with 10?

on Flexistarter 8.6-10 you can contour cut without an optical eye like on a Graphtec or a Roland So now you can contour cut with a Refine series or a Pcut, etc.

i am going to try thr device manager later today if that doesnt work then ill see what else i can do thanks will get back to you

what operating system are you using on your computer? Flexi8.1 was made for XP on down, for windows, Flexi was not even Vista compatible til version 8.5

You need to go to your device manager and see which com port you have it pulled into, then match that com port in Flexi set up.

Brad, I told ya it's not compatible with Vista man heheeheheheeheheh

Sucks though, I know, but then again I hate vista.... yuck

@ livinloudgraphics are you using XP or Vista? If your using XP message me Email me

• Like 1