freebird01

AutoCAD DXF into SignBlazer...another question...

Ok now I have another issue.

I am a cad guy by trade (as states in my earlier post) so autocad comes natural to me for editing vector files. I do the same thing with my plasmacam table.

However, what Ive noticed is i need to save my files back to R12 .dxf to be able to import them properly into SB. When i do this it will blow apart all my spline curves into individual line segments which when outputted to the cutter itself makes it jerk between each cut. my final product is fine but it takes forever for even a simple file to cut.

any suggestions?

sb has not been updated in a long time, and likely will never be updated again. its common to have to save any type of file as an older version to get them to work in sb.

while i appreciate the response your reply is not very helpful.

It will physically cut a decal but it inputs my spline curves as a ton of small segments...

what i was implying is that youll likely have to either deal with it or pony up for a current program. theres not gonna be a fix for this coming out. it is what it is.

I don''t think it's just AutoCad .dxf files that do that. I use Catia and the dxf files I export do the same thing. I never have figured a workaround.

Jay

thank you jay for a more helpful answer.....wha ive found is i just started to teach myself how to use inkscape better so i dont have to use autocad lol