Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

What other printer?

What printers are good for sublimation print jobs? I know the GX7000 is good but i was wondering if you can find printers that are cheaper and do just as good.

http://www.cobraink.com/epson1100.htm - high temp ink!

although I am partial to the ricohs

http://www.uscutter.com/Ricoh-GX-e3300N-Dye-sublimation-Printer_p_1537.html

• Like 1

mention my name or the forum and Richard will give you a discount......

• Like 1

well the 1100 would be over kill for doing mugs, wouldn't it?

Yes if that's all, but as you know you start out saying all I will be doing is mugs and a couple months later later you are saying well maybe I will try some shirts LOL

Talk to Richard he has many smaller units that would work fine also. Just make sure it has the CISS system. You wont regret it. I have printed over 1000 prints and still have not even used up my tanks (pigment ink). And don't worry about ordering extra ink the tanks come full and all you need to do is plug it in and print...

hmmm, what kind of discount does he give? and is the quality just as good as using the ricohs? i dont want the color quality on the trasfer to look faded or anything, or become faded after a couple of washes.

I have just started with the sublimation yesterday.. I have three 1100's two have pigment inks and I have done hundreds of shirts etc. on them with out a problem and love the ciss system.

Many have the cobra system and claw on the other forum has done tons of different products with his along with a lot of others. i have only heard good reviews. Do a search here on the forum under 1100. I am sure there will be lots of reading.

I just did these my first two plates and I think they came out good and the colors looked great. Sublimation ink prints a little dull but doesn't stay that way after its pressed.

Don't quote me but i think Richard gives a 10% discount

plate002.jpg

cookoue2001.jpg

• Like 1

I have just started with the sublimation yesterday.. I have three 1100's two have pigment inks and I have done hundreds of shirts etc. on them with out a problem and love the ciss system.

Many have the cobra system and claw on the other forum has done tons of different products with his along with a lot of others. i have only heard good reviews. Do a search here on the forum under 1100. I am sure there will be lots of reading.

I just did these my first two plates and I think they came out good and the colors looked great. Sublimation ink prints a little dull but doesn't stay that way after its pressed.

Don't quote me but i think Richard gives a 10% discount

plate002.jpg

cookoue2001.jpg

Now you say pigment inks. but to do mugs and shirts dont you have to have the High Temp Ink? what did you use to do those plates?

• Like 1

Now you say pigment inks. but to do mugs and shirts dont you have to have the High Temp Ink? what did you use to do those plates?

Yes & No I do my shirts with easy weed and JPSS paper. The plates show were done with Cobra's high temp ink that came in my third printer which I just got that's why I said I was new at sublimation not shirts....

• Like 1

Talked to Richard at Cobra and went with the WorkForce 30 with the High Temp Ink.

Good for you you will love it just make sure to print a test page every couple days so you have no clogging issues

• Like 1