Sign in to follow this  
Angie91937

HELP!!! Please

:huh: I have tried everything. I can not import ANY files into signcut-x2! I have tried to put my wording that I want to cut into inkscape and saved it as an EPS file. I have tried saving it in Adobe Illustrator. But when ever I try and open it in Sign cut it is always blank.  ;D  I have searched the forums and watched the tutorials but nothing that has been suggested worked for me. As far as the tutorial that shows you how to export/import did not work for me because I have the Adobe Illustrator CS2 and the format is different and it does not have the same File choices as the tutorial. I have now been trying to get my new Refine MH 1351 cutter to work and have been so frustrated. I would appreciate any information or help and I am willing to try anything at this point. Thanks in Advanced for any help.

In illustrator what are you saving it as? and ,eps file?  Try to save it an an AI file to your desktop and the open it in SignCut ....

I don't know the Illustrator version you have,but if you go to - edit - pdf preferences , and make sure to change evrything on NONE on the compression settings.And when you save it as an ai,make sure that the create pdf compatible file and use compression are UNchecked.At least that's what I had to do to get my files to work in signcut from cs2.

I should have also asked if you were going to -object-live trac,and doing a trace.That may be why you are drawing a blank.The live trace will trace the design for cutting.

Thank you so much for responding to my problems I have tried everything you both suggested and it still does not work. I just went ahead and bought other software to use with my cutter to save me huge headaches. But thank you for trying to help me out, I appreciate it.  ;D

I hardly ever use illustrator as well because there are too many variables involved.Sorry I couldn't help more.