Watson91

How to Choose Blade Height/Depth

I'm new to vinyl cutting. After many issues and a new Mobo I finally have my Pcut running. Now I am ordering new blades and was just wondering if there is a trick or rule to setting the blade depth in the holder?

I'm new to vinyl cutting. After many issues and a new Mobo I finally have my Pcut running. Now I am ordering new blades and was just wondering if there is a trick or rule to setting the blade depth in the holder?

Actually you can take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand cut across a piece of vinyl. There should just barely be a marking on the vinyl backing. Keep adjusting the blade in until it just barely makes any mark on the vinyl backing, Now put the holder back in your vinyl cutter. If it does not cut the vinyl. keep adjusting the force until it cuts smoothly. and once again. barely marking the vinyl backing paper. Put the blade offset at 0.25mm and make test cuts using the test feature on your vinyl cutter. move at either -.05mm increments or +.05mm until you get sharp corners on your test cuts.

When I am adjusting the blade depth by manually cutting some vinyl ... I make sure i am pressing doesn as hard as I can ... so after putting the blade holder back in the cutter , pressure should be 100 grams up .Adjusting tith less actual cuter pressure gets a non consistant result . As soon as the blade dulls some , the cutting changes . A couple years ago , A USC Tech said the pressure should be 120 grams .