BearlyRich

Correct blade height adjustment

I just recently had a problem cutting a small graphic. This made me finally get into the proper adjustment of my cutter, a new PCUT 36". I thought I'd pass this on because I don't remember finding this simple solution. Maybe it's wrong? But it worked for me and was easy...

First off, I had the pressure set to about 60.

Pressed the Pause button twice to cut the test rectangle.

Look closely at the blade holder. I used a small flashlight and looked straight through across the vinyl.

On mine, the face of the blade holder was not touching the vinyl. There was quite a gap!

So I started lowering the blade by turning the blade holder knob, while still installed, and running another test rectangle. About a half turn per test.

After a half dozen cuts, I got the face of the blade holder to touch the vinyl and then upped the pressure to about 100.

Here, I saw the blade was still just slightly too far out as there was some scoring in the backing material.

A quarter turn more of the blade adjustment and it now worked perfectly.

I originally tried to adjust the blade height 'by eye' and using that "half a credit card' thing... Didn't work for me. This adjustment took all of 5 minutes and seems perfect to me. If this seem wrong or doesn't sound right, please let me know (yes I'm still a 'noob' :blink: ; and yes Ash & Rodger, my head is still foggy :P ).

This blade setting plus the .25 offset in SB allows me to cut very small graphics with no pullout and complete cuts with no connecting whiskers. I wish I had done this from the beginning...

Whoops, shouldn't that blade offset be .025?

• Like 1

I just cut some metallic vinyl & cut into the backing paper. The decal was puling the surface of the backing paper with it on a few letters . I had the blade adjusted perfect ( so i thought ) for 651 . I also had the holder touching the vinyl & leaving a rub mark , but i adjusted the blade in more to cut better . Less blade is Mo Betta !!! I have never read a complaint about the vinyl not getting cut all the way thru :D