freezermink

cutter won't cut the negative image?

so i'm making a few decals for a client this morning, but this one has me stumped.

its a simple 8x3in decal with text in 631 black vinyl. instead of cutting the vinyl so that it leaves the text, what the client wants is the decal to be a black 8x3in box with the text removed so the text will be whatever color the wall is.

i've been trying all morning to get the plotter to cut the decal as such but it keeps cutting it normally, not the negative, and i've wasted quite a bit of vinyl already trying to get this to work. if i pick any of the weeding options it just puts another box around the whole thing, which isn't helping.

any suggestions? i'm out of ideas here. thanks!

:P

I might not be following your train of thought correctly , but what I think you are wanting to accomplish is done by what you weed ... instead of weeding what you normally would ... weed the letters . Make a 8 X 3 box around the letters . I think an outline looks much better than a square box :) .

edit ; you want to negative weed , instead of cut anything negative :) . My buds FouASH ( Ash ) & Bay ( Bayotle ) have had the same problem mutiple times ... I tell them "I can explain it to you over and over, but I can't understand it for you."

• Like 1

The way I do these is I set the text in one colour and then put the box behind as another colour...I auto export to my cutter software and cut both colours at the same time....Works just fine.....

PS...This is Illustrator to Great Cut.....

• Like 1

The way I do these is I set the text in one colour and then put the box behind as another colour...I auto export to my cutter software and cut both colours at the same time....Works just fine.....

PS...This is Illustrator to Great Cut.....

that is the way FouASH & Bay does it also ... I combine them in SB . Punching it out works also

well you guys are no fun on april fools! notice the smiley at the end of the post!

too much actual help and good information on this forum instead of the tomfoolery i was looking for. haha.

well you guys are no fun on april fools! notice the smiley at the end of the post!

too much actual help and good information on this forum instead of the tomfoolery i was looking for. haha.

it was just a litle early & the other " guys " were not in the forum :)

"I can explain it to you over and over, but I can't understand it for you."

:lol: :laugh: i might have to steal that one!

:lol: :laugh: i might have to steal that one!

Be my guest :thumbsup: .. I can't remember where I swiped it from ;)

Geez....You mean I was nice and helpful by mistake......I should go back to my cranky old self.....

Naa , I like the humourous you ;)