Chain

SB cutting the tracking lines?

badcut.jpg?t=1301443388

In the red circles, you see the tracking lines the head should follow. These lines are being cut. Not all of them tho, just some of them. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Using: SB6 and a MH721.

Not far at all, maybe 1/4 mm. I see when the head tracks, and does not make a cut, arm is higher than when it does make bad cuts. USB.

Does your head move up and down as the cutter moves around?

Jay asked a question that you have not answered .. easier to try & guess/use process of elimination what your problem is with more info .. especially info that was asked for .

Does your head move up and down as the cutter moves around?

yessir

Jay asked a question that you have not answered .. easier to try & guess/use process of elimination what your problem is with more info .. especially info that was asked for .

Yes sir was the answer. Yes the head moves up and down.

Any ideas? I'm going to try a few things here in a bit. I'll start with less blade, more pressure... I think.

Yes sir was the answer. Yes the head moves up and down.

OOPs , missed that somehow . :)

I would take the blade holder out & adjust the blade so it " barely " makes a mark in the backing paper with alot of pressure .

If all else fails , reload the SignBlazer Jay linked to in his recent post .It is the UK version with the patch . works great for me .

K. Thanks.

Adjusting the blade helped a little. At least the cuts were not all the way thru. It was workable, for what I'm doing. It is still cutting as I don't want it to. I will try the UK Version.

I found out I had the blade out too far.... about 5 times . you should be able to adjust the pressure up very high & still not cut into the backing paper . I sometimes leave marks on the vinyl where the blade holder is rubbing ( they go away ) . The most underestimated thing I have found with vinyl cutting is the blade exposure issue . I would bet you blade is still out too far .

you should be able to adjust the pressure up very high & still not cut into the backing paper . I would bet you blade is still out too far .

Will get on this in a little while. I'll try almost no blade, with more pressure. My force has been set as low as 30.

I'm still having this issue.

Shot in the dark: Could it be possible I need to ground the machine? It sits on a wooden stand. I'd have to move a large toolbox close to ground to it... if that would work?

Grounding the machine is always a good idea. Also, make sure there's a static discharge path between the vinyl roll and ground. If the vinyl sits on rollers it works as a giant static machine when rolled. Many people use dryer sheets.

Another 'shot in the dark'... The subject has come up many times with PCUTS about the vinyl hitting an edge in the front of the machine and buckling the vinyl. When this happens, it can easily cause a stray cut, usually towards the center, width-wise just like in your pic. I don't know about the MH's, but have you watched the vinyl being cut? Has it buckled and raised up in the middle? Does it always happen and always in the same place?

Sorry, that's all I've got...

And an MH user with a USB connection! Where's ASH and his Keyspan adapter advice? :D

have you watched the vinyl being cut? Has it buckled and raised up in the middle? Does it always happen and always in the same place?

No buckling. Not always in the same place. I can cut an image twice, and it will have cut different tracking lines. I should be able to work on this tomorrow, I'll ground the machine and vinyl... see what happens.