Sign in to follow this  
Neuromax

Would this work with an Epson 1100

I have a Epson 1100 on the way from Cobra Ink. I have a customer I am working with who might want to have some shirts printed. Obviously I haven't done any playing yet and before I do I wanted to know what kind of results I could expect for this image on a black shirt with transfer paper for darks.

PCJchestlogo31.jpg

You really won't know until you print them yourself.

Have you printed and pressed dark transfers before? Are you using 3g Opague Jet?

screenprntr, The only thing I have pressed to date is vinyl LOL. I don't even have the printer here yet LOL. I am hoping it gets here either today or tomorrow. I ordered the 3g Opague paper along with the JPSS. I am going to give this one a shot once its here and I will post up the results. I was just trying to get a feel for if it was doable or not.

LOL, ok I can make it work but what a PIA to weed to get it to look right. I think I need to get them screen printed

How many shirts are you talking about..... www.FMExpressions.com does nice full colour ones but if the quantity is small the price may be too high for your client....

Thanks for the link, right now he is looking for a small quantity for use at shows and to gauge interest in his customers buying them. FME is just too costly to consider that at this time.

Well I am going to get on my soapbox for a minute or 2....

Please request the sample pack from FM Expressions so you and your client are able to compare the difference in quality of the various different decorating methods...While I an not a big fan of ink jet heat transfers I do sell some from time to time to folks who are more interested in meeting a price point than a certain quality of the finished product....Now your client may go with ink jet transfers but at least you can be sure they are well informed enough to allow them to reach that conclusion. Selling is not a spectator sport...You need to get more aggressive at times....

Good luck...

Step up on the soapbox all you want :D But as for FME, my cost for the transfer would be $17 and change PER if I ordered 8, add the cost of the shirt to that and I am going to have to pay the guy to get them at that rate. I think I am going to push him to screen print on these any way.

And you saw that you can order 24 for 5.00 each (120.00)....Or better yet 48 for 139.20.....I give my clients options and far more often than you think, they go for something different than they ask for....

Are you serious about screen printing a design like this on 8 pieces....I am no screen print pro but that has to be 3 or 4 colour including a base....What are 6 or 8 shirts going to cost you screen printed?I bet it will end up costing as much or more than 48 transfers and with transfers you have bunch left over for repeat orders.....But please outline your math for me so I can see if I am out to lunch!...I have been know to be that way at times....

And you saw that you can order 24 for 5.00 each (120.00)....Or better yet 48 for 139.20.....I give my clients options and far more often than you think, they go for something different than they ask for....

Are you serious about screen printing a design like this on 8 pieces....I am no screen print pro but that has to be 3 or 4 colour including a base....What are 6 or 8 shirts going to cost you screen printed?I bet it will end up costing as much or more than 48 transfers and with transfers you have bunch left over for repeat orders.....But please outline your math for me so I can see if I am out to lunch!...I have been know to be that way at times....

I have already looked into it, screen printed will be right at $9 per shirt with a minimum of 12 shirts. No screen fees :D

You are right, I can order 24 transfers for $5 each for a total of $120 then I have to add another transfer for $25 to cover some text across the front chest, then the cost of the shirts at around $4 each. That would put my cost at $193 (plus shipping on the shirts and transfers) for 12 shirts. Or I can order 12 completed for the price of the back transfers alone. I am just not going to try to up sell this customer into more shirts than he wants. I can get him a great looking shirt for $15 or so each and I bet he comes back for more. Or I could use the transfers and have to charge him at least $20 each and then he may or may not come back. The upside is if he did I would already have the transfers so I would only have to add the cost of the shirts. But I am positive $20 per is going to make the difference in him even placing the first order.

I appreciate where you are coming from but the math just doesn't work for me.

Well I am sitting here is total disbelief.. There should be 4 or more screen as far as I call tell....So that price is far too low to make sense to me but if that is what you have been quoted, go for it....And Good Luck!