sandgink

blade holder won't hold blade

Sign Cut Pro that came with a year's license with the cutter. I tried sign blazer but I got pissed about having to keep clicking trial.

heheeh yeah, i hate that!

Are you trying to cut the bmp or the jpg??

I design them in Corel Draw, then open it with Sign cut Pro, Sign Blazer only opens image files and you have to vector them. Sign Pro opens coreldraw directly.

Jake

I design them in Corel Draw, then open it with Sign cut Pro, Sign Blazer only opens image files and you have to vector them. Sign Pro opens coreldraw directly.

Jake

Right, but is it in .eps form?

Since Sign Pro Opens Corel directly, I am unsure what it converts them to.

Jake

Click on, save as in corel, and save as a svg file, open with signcut, let me know

Here are the follow up photos. I have tried 45 60 blades the pressure is good, I tried doubling the size of the graphic, I also cleaned up the extra nodes, my offset is set to 1mm to get the corners square, I am unsure if there are any other settings that will effect precision.

The first one is what was cut, the second one is what it's suppose to look like, the third is a deer head I cut, that seem to be exactly what I designed.

Jake

something is not right if you are using 1mm for a blade offset. normal starting point is 0.25MM. Do you just barely have the blade tip out? It should be. Actually you can take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand cut across a piece of vinyl. There should just barely be a marking on the vinyl backing. Keep adjusting the blade in until it just barely makes any mark on the vinyl backing, Now put the holder back in your vinyl cutter. If it does not cut the vinyl. keep adjusting the force until it cuts smoothly. and once again. barely marking the vinyl backing paper. Put the blade offset at 0.25mm and make test cuts using the test feature on your vinyl cutter. move at either -.05mm increments or +.05mm until you get sharp corners on your test cuts.

• Like 1

Following the Advise of Ash and Skeeter, I am getting closer, I used sign blazer and imported the eps file, after resetting the offset I have been bringing up by small increments and have backed the force off and adjusted the blade. I believe I am almost there. As soon as I get some more scrap vinyl I will get it dialed in. then I will cut the star pattern and post the results.

thanks all

Jake