Sign in to follow this  
may0024

Best way to export from Flexi to SB?

I have multiple files that I would like to share with a friend. They are Flexi jobs, but she uses Sign Blazer. I'd like to save them in a format that allows her to edit text. What would be my easiest route?

TIA for your help.

I have multiple files that I would like to share with a friend. They are Flexi jobs, but she uses Sign Blazer. I'd like to save them in a format that allows her to edit text. What would be my easiest route?

TIA for your help.

I know SignBlazer can import EPS files .

TIA for your help.

I have this saved,from a member here, but haven't tried it, this refers to CutStudio, which is the Flexi version for Roland,

I have been using CutStudio for years and had the same problems. What I do if I need to simply convert one of my .cst files is have the design open in cutstudio ; click/highlight the actual artwork I want to convert and copy it to the clipboard (CTRL-C); then open Signblazer (which is free) and then PASTE (CTRL-V) it into an open session of Signblazer. Then resize it in Signblazer, and hit CTRL-E (or go to FILE and EXPORT) in Signblazer and it will take you to the Export Screen ; at the bottom left corner of the screen, change the file type to .EPS, give it a file name, select the location folder to save it to and click OK. Sounds like alot but it only takes a few seconds and it works great for me!

I have this saved,from a member here, but haven't tried it, this refers to CutStudio, which is the Flexi version for Roland,

I have been using CutStudio for years and had the same problems. What I do if I need to simply convert one of my .cst files is have the design open in cutstudio ; click/highlight the actual artwork I want to convert and copy it to the clipboard (CTRL-C); then open Signblazer (which is free) and then PASTE (CTRL-V) it into an open session of Signblazer. Then resize it in Signblazer, and hit CTRL-E (or go to FILE and EXPORT) in Signblazer and it will take you to the Export Screen ; at the bottom left corner of the screen, change the file type to .EPS, give it a file name, select the location folder to save it to and click OK. Sounds like alot but it only takes a few seconds and it works great for me!

Hmm, so maybe I can try to copy and paste to SB and save as a SB file type? I'll tell her to try that route. I've exported them as eps, but she's unable of course to edit the text.

Thanks both of you for your help & input!

I missed the edit text part :) .

If the way Skeeter does not work , you can " arrange " - " split " in SB to edit stuff . You then " combine " when you get done .