Openco

Economy Auto Press 15x15

I bought this heat press knowing there would be limitations, and I've found a "fix" for something that others may have had to deal with. On my press, the upper steel disk and lower electro-magnet did not line up causing it to not want to stay locked in some of the differing thicknesses dealt with in pressing. This situation also required the disk to be run out so far that there was limited adjusting ability. My solution cost about $15. Remove the upper steel disk and close the press. the you can see where the steel disk "should have been." I bought the right bit and tap, and simply moved the hole. If your new hole and old over lap, you may have to get a welder to build out the metal for you - but all is not lost. Once I got things lined up, the threading was a little tight, as the original was made purposely sloppy to allow easy adjustment - so I cut a slit in the end of the threading of the steel disk post to allow a slotted screwdriver to adjust the disk. I'm not a machinist, but this little fix really makes this press seem like a Caddy on a Yugo budget.

I hope this is useful!