Sign in to follow this  
Tewfiddy

OK its running but I have a few problems!!

Hey all, I got it runnng and cutting a few things and it cuts ok, still need some adjusting.    HERES THE PROBLEMS!!  I can still only acess the SignBlazer sorftware thru administrator.  WHen I do this it takes me straight into the program.  It does not ask for a activation code like Jerry said it would.  Its a bit of a pain to access it like this so If anyone has a fix please let me know.  PROBLEM #2  Sometimes when I go to cut a piece it tells me that there is an error and wont cut it.  If I unplug the cutter from the Comp4 and plug it back in it will print,  It soes this about every other cut.  Anyone had this do that before? :help: :help:

Thanks all for the help, This is a great site and WE NEED A CHAT ROOM!!!! :yes:

Tewfiddy

I think your computer is dropping the connection,that's why you have to unplug and re-plug. NO idea why.

And yes,we DO need a chat room..I guess Marcus is still thinking about it.

Thanks BannerJohn, do you have any ideas as to why I have to go thru admin to get it to work?, It didnt ask for the activation code again.  If I just click onit it wants me to register. Weird Huh, I cant figure it out

Tewfiddy

how many people are on the computer ?? when i d/l'd mine, i didnt know i was under my wifes name, so when i log in on my name i have to do the same thing but not under her name. the sb icon is on the toolbar under her name but not mine. other than that i have no clue.

ok,whatever you are logged on under when you install,thats where the icon will be. Every user has its own desktop,installed programs,etc.

I don't know if you have VISTA or not but one of the many things about VISTA that sucks is the many hoops you have to jump through to install stuff and run it.

I'm running Vista and dont have to do anything,I just open sb and it works.

Don't know why you are having probs.  :notsure:

Kevin

kevin,

do you have multiple people using your comp? like your wife, gf, sig other.....other family members...if you try to get into SBE through another user, you WILL have trouble....

David

Hey guys thanks,  Yes its VISTA!!!  :bang:  Me and the wife are the only users and only have one user name.  The signblazer is alway up on the desktop.  I'm going to try to fix the SB sign in problem tonight and see if I can get it to wrk without using the Admin.  As far as having to unplug now and then to get the cutter to work baffles me.  Thanks all ans keep the suggestions coming..

Bruce

Hey guys thanks,  Yes its VISTA!!!   :bang:  Me and the wife are the only users and only have one user name.  The signblazer is alway up on the desktop.  I'm going to try to fix the SB sign in problem tonight and see if I can get it to wrk without using the Admin.  As far as having to unplug now and then to get the cutter to work baffles me.  Thanks all ans keep the suggestions coming..

Bruce

I uninstalled Vista last night and put XP back on my computer. I did it because I want it to be ready when my cutter gets here next week. The SB demo was crashing after about 30 seconds. I was having trouble with AutoCAD and MasterCAM as well. Vista is just too buggy right now. Ever since I put Vista on my computer it would take for ever for the printer to spool up no matter what application I was running. I don't need that headache when installing a new plotter/cutter and software.

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear that you are having such nightmare problems with Vista.

If it is a hardware problem with your computer then the same problems may be present with XP.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hi Bruce,

Sorry to hear that you are having such nightmare problems with Vista.

If it is a hardware problem with your computer then the same problems may be present with XP.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

as a computer tech (retired) who has installed many copies of XP in the past,and worked with Vista since it was in Beta..I can only say this....unless you buy a new computer already with Vista..I can not think of ONE reason to upgrade to Vista. It certainly isn't worth the HUGE overprice that Microsoft is charging.

XP with all of the updates and service packs, is a great OS and Vista is really a downgrade not an upgrade.

To make it short..Vista is just a waste of money.

Jerrry and BannerJohn and all,

Thanks you for your help.  It is a new Gateway laptop with sual core.  Vista was already loaded.  I would love to put XP on this.  I have been able to us the cutter and the cutter works great.  I just have to jump through to many hoops with Vista that I would with XP.  I' am learning as I go and it has been fun. I still have to sign on in admin on SignBlazer but I'm still working on that. I'm sure I will be posting alot more question as I go  :thanks:

Bruce

You might try designating your regular account as an administrator account as well. It worked for me in XP. If it is the same in VISTA you will have to manually add a shortcut icon to the desktop.

Thankd Bannerjohn, I never thought of that.  My wife is the computer wiz, but she has had the flu and I didnt want to bother her, but she is feeling better so I gettin her on it also. :thanks:

Bruce

Thanks Ken. Yes I can still rock! I'm not as old as Kieth Richards.