Sign in to follow this  
TomasB

Laserpoint , SignBlazer & Contour cutting....Yeah Right!

I'm not giving in but very close, having way to many issues with SignBlazer , I now am willing to buy software that is compatible ( contour cut ) with the LP. Can anyone give some ideas on what software to purchase. This on & off working issues & re install just to complete the same task I had done days earlier! Nope not doing it anymore. Irrecoverable errors. I'm about to explode

Seriously guys what are my options?

are you using all the steps here?  JUst double checking  :angry:

Contour cutting with SignBlazer

SolutionContour Cutting with SignBlazer and the LaserPoint

1. Select your vectorized graphic in Signblazer, then go to manipulate and click on Expand/Outline/Inline. Select Outline, and make sure Keep Original is the only option checked. Set the Offset to 0.00, and then choose the thickness of the contour line (how far away from the graphic you want the contour line to be). I use 0.40 for most testing, but it can be set to whatever you want. Click OK.

2. Now that your contour line has been created, you will need to select the contour line (not the whole graphic), then go back to Manipulate, and then click on Cut Mask On/ Off.

3. Click File, then Print. Go to Regist., and select the bottom two corner marks. Click OK. Now click Print.

4. Get the document from your printer and load it in the LaserPoint cutter with the registration marks at the front just barely sticking out to the cutting strip.

5. Click Finish. Now go to File, then click Cut a Print. Click Cut. Use the onscreen buttons with your mouse, or the keyboard number pad to jog the laser to the right side registration mark. Once it is in the middle of the right mark, click Next. Now jog the laser to the middle of the left registration mark, and click Next.

6. Now click Cut, and the LaserPoint should start cutting the contour you created around your graphic. If it is out of alignment, you can adjust the Redeye offset values for the X or Y axis. It may take a few runs to get it dialed in.

Hey Skeeter

Thanks for taking the time to help out really appreciate it.

I erased the complete program & all it's files, re- downloaded, installed, did exactly what I was doing initially & successfully completed a contour cut. Is this a bug in the software? From your experience is the outline a better fit at .40 or .20 on a 8.5 X 11 sheet with 2 colums by 4 rows of Aprx 1 inch decal (arrayed).