Can't get this plotter working. Usb port was broken when I got it so I have a usb to serial by iogear along with a standard db9 m to f cable. Using windows 7 I have the adapter installed says it is on com4 so I went into sign blazer have it set to mh721, serial com 4, went in typed a sample text clicked cutter, cut, tile cut, and nothing happens....when I click test on the plotter it cuts a box out so it does cut just the communication between the computer and plotter something isn't working. Any help?

thanks,

Robert

I have to run everything in windows 7 that goes to my plotter in administrator mode

right click your software and a menu will appear go down to Run As Administrator

Tried a keyspan adapter today, ran sb in admin mode and now I get "Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter." As for the newbe manual I read over that, that is what got me to this point. I don't have a manual with the printer to look over either. The serial cable is a standard db9 right?

It's not brand new a friend of mine bought probably 3 years ago and he had someone who used it worked fine, but the guy left on bad terms and all I got was the vinyl, stand, plotter. I have been trying to get the thing working for a month and a half. I partitioned my hd into windows vista and windows 7. I hooked up the io gear serial adapter again and same thing no response from the printer..... thanks for the link to the manual. I didn't think about looking for it on uscutter. Also the usb port is busted, I was trying to use usb for a while and then I opened it up to realized the plug was busted. I then went last friday to pick up a serial cable.

Also forgot to mention I downloaded the driver from uscutter and installed it as a local printer...was I not supposed to? Or does it matter?