Sign in to follow this  
krautstyle

weird question or not? Not sure

Hi guys new post(er) been lurking for a while!

Im J.T and I have a Red-sail plotter using SB for my little indulgences.

I did a cut the other day and its a crescent moon shape.

No biggie I like the software but when the machine tracks over to make another cut across the media

it cut the ends OFF the moon?

it made its arc cut then moved to the other side & CUT right through the crescent.

Is there any info you uber sign guys and gals might be able to shed on this dilemma?

Thanks so much. Id like to be able to get into the business of this (Sign making) but the sample I cut isnt

fit to show the prospective client..

Sorry if I am too wordy... Just me :)

not sure what a red sail plotter is, but don't you have a pen to put in place of the blade?

bb

my vote goes for no.

not a weird question.

carry on.

No you cant help? or No not a weird question. Redsail Plotter/cutter came off ebay (I Guess?) and sold from uscutter from what I have read.

I DO have a pen but havent thought about that one.. Im off to give it a shot.

Heres the image.

The circled areas are my concern. no matter what size the crescent is it cuts through.

Thanks for those who have offered help.

post-13556-12986566557553_thumb.jpg

post-13556-12986566573884_thumb.jpg

US cutter does not sell the Red Sail cutter.  

OK? Great. Thanks. Not exactly my point or concern. The seller really has no bearing on "This" particular matter though.

Im not being or sounding like an a$$ just wondering about the file I attached & what might be causing it.

post the file please,  maybe problem is there. and possibly a screenshot of the design in your cutting software. Have you turned off your weeding options?

post the file please,  maybe problem is there. and possibly a screenshot of the design in your cutting software

Thanks! Skeeter! I did just figure it out!!!! I remember reading a post about cursive letters and someone from here

suggested they had to weld the text.

So I did just that..

Text>arrange>weld>total weld did a pen test cut/drawing and it all worked out no cut lines.

This is a great forum and I appreciate everyone who jumped in and helped/suggested/anything ;D

Thank You all !

in the future, go to view wire frame in the file menu and you will see the cut path, which will let you see where this might happen.

in the future, go to view wire frame in the file menu and you will see the cut path, which will let you see where this might happen.

very cool Thanks!