Sign in to follow this  
badun

Cutter holder doesn't want to go home

Vinyl cutter model:  Refine ECO 24

Connection method: USB

Software: SignCut

Operating system:  Win7 64

Material:  Oracal 651

I tried cutting multiple copies for the first time in SignCut and although I set the media size to the proper setting I didn't realize that I also had to set the number of copies that would fit across the Y axis.  Thus the cutter ran off the edge of the vinyl.  No damage other than it did jump the track.  The bottom guide wheels went back in w/out a problem but the top wheel had also left the groove.  The only way I was able to get it back in was to remove the bracket on the top of holder that hold the PCB and ribbon cable.  Just two screws hold it on and there doesn't seem to be a way to screw that up, but now when I power on the cutter the holder tracks to the home position and then bangs its head against the wall.  In other words, it doesn't seem to know where to stop.  The Engrish instruction manual doesn't mention this condition at all.  What do I need to do to tell the holder where home base is so it doesn't bash itself senseless?

are you hitting the ORIGIN button? (On your vinyl cutter)..   Origin is home.  Or where you want to start at.

I just figured it out!  There are two tracks for the cutting holder; an inner and outer one.  The inner one allows the metal bracket I removed and reattached to hit the kill switch that stops the carriage.  So all I did wrong was put the holder in the wrong track.  In the correct track it hits the kill switch and stops at the true origin.  D'oh!  ;)