What cutter/plotter do you own?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What cutter/plotter do you own?

• Refine
    • Copam
    • P-Cut
    • Laserpoint
    • Other

Just curious who owns what cutter/plotter and for how long and what you use it for the most, (such as shirts, signs, decals, etc)

I own a Copam 2500 for 4-6 weeks and LOVE IT!!  Use mine so far basically for small decals and making t-shirts.

Thanks.

Got a PCut 25" a few months ago to make some door numbers and banners for our self storage facility -- finding many other things to do with it too!  :woohoo:

Thanks USCutter --  :you rock:

My main cutter is a Seiki(36 inch) and I've been using it every day for 2 years with not a single problem. Its a workhorse. The refine is my back-up because it will not handel 30 inch vinyl, but I also use it for cutting things that I have to use Signblazer for,that my SEiki software (flexi) won't do. The refine seems to be just as good,just as reliable,except that it doesn't feed the vinyl forward and start the next cut like the Seiki does. Unless you reset after every cut.

Having said that..it's a good thing that the Seiki has worked so well because the support is virtually non-existant.

I bought a Refine to put signs and logos on my trailer and other things for my scuba business.  I saved enough on the trailer alone to pay for the cutter and the vinyl I used +.  I just play, always finding something to cut.  I've made a some money with it doing some other trailers and smaller decals and lettering for people.  Mostly barter but some cash.  My wife is starting a business so the signage will basically be free.  When I did my trailer in the Texas summer I realized quickly that I didn't want to be a sign man for a living.  :)

It's neat to see why people got started in vinyl..................heck I just started, because I like to be creative, unfortunately I'm still working on that.  :-

I got a refine 25".........got it because it is hard and frustrating to find someone that is reliable and will call back when trying to get graphics done on our racecars. so i opted to spend the graphic money i would have spent for 1 car, and bought my own. we will see if i can get any other clients when they see how good my car will look.

WOW you must know our 'old' vinyl guy, could never get ahold of him and than we would have to wait around to get our vinyls...so we got our own..and thrilled we did.

I own a Refine and I love it!!!

I have had it for about 6 months now and I use it for t shirts the most.

My main cutter is a Seiki(36 inch) and I've been using it every day for 2 years with not a single problem. Its a workhorse. The refine is my back-up because it will not handel 30 inch vinyl, but I also use it for cutting things that I have to use Signblazer for,that my SEiki software (flexi) won't do. The refine seems to be just as good,just as reliable,except that it doesn't feed the vinyl forward and start the next cut like the Seiki does. Unless you reset after every cut.

Having said that..it's a good thing that the Seiki has worked so well because the support is virtually non-existant.

John, in the cutter setup there is a check box to advance the vinyl after cutting. Is this what you are talking about?

post-1657-1298651483024_thumb.jpg

I've had my Copam about 8 months now and while I felt a tinge of apprehension about purchasing 'the new product' at that time. I haven't looked back with remorse yet. On the other hand some time ago I purchased a Graphtec CraftROBO to contour cut transfers and while it may have that well known name, when compared to the Copam it's built like crap. Maybe I'll make a new nameplate for it 'CrapROBO. Yea I know it's a craft model and it does what it's claimed to do...Hey anybody wanna make me an offer on it so I can buy a lasercut?

48" Refine - Got it this past Dec.  because I was spending too much time away from the family working on Vinyl for my racecar and trailer. 

John, in the cutter setup there is a check box to advance the vinyl after cutting. Is this what you are talking about?

Yeah,I got that ok. The problem is, if I don't reset after the cut,it will go back to the beginning for the next cut,cutting right over the top of the previous. I was told once that the cutter didn't recognize the right command or something

I have the PCut. it must be different because I don't hve to reset between cuts.

It looks like the Refine and P-cut seem to be in a tight fight for first....

I have Copam 2500, bought in June 07 Great Machine! plan to buy another US Cutter this year,

btw what advantage would a laserppoint have?

hate to ask a dumb ? here but "what is meant by contour cutting? or contour cutting transfers?

gg

Contour cutting is where you print out a design. The printed design will include some index markers that the Laser point can read and use to cut out the outline of the design.

thanks Jay, I may need to consider my next cutter to be Laserpoint, since I plan to start doing T Shirts also.. so many things you can do w/ a cutter :woohoo:

In the near future I hope to be adding another cutter from US Cutter to our work room!!  :yes: