Sign in to follow this  
h2ylm

Hi from bonnie Dundee

Hi,,

Wish someone told me about this when i got my cutter EH721 just before xmas,

I'm learning the hard way to say the least !!!!

if anybody knows of any tutorials out there - id like to see them,

i use coral trace to trace my image -save it as a plotter file - then Castope lite to cut - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't!!!

I'm about to re install Castope to see if that helps

Thank you in advance for any info given

Welcome from sunny Nottingham.

I have got procut 700 & Signblaze Elements. And started the hard way ! ! But it does get easier.

Keep looking on youtube there is a lot of things on it that will help.

Thank you i will, I've been reading lots of great things on this forum,

i'm off to google "what is node editing" my biggest problem seems to be getting my image to cut properly,

sometimes has lots of little extra cuts - that i don't see on my screen,

but hey - im sure i will get there,

Thanks again

i cant tell you with your software, but i use signblazer to cut, and i know what you mean about having "extra cuts" in the design. ive had a few where there are cuts going through the entire design making it useless, but the design LOOKS normal.

in sb there is an option to "view as wire frame" where it shows not the image, but the actual cut path the cutter will take. its easy to see these things in that mode. youll have to check if you have anything like that in your program, i cant help you there.

Hi

And thank you - I have signblazer too, but where i got my cutter from said i should use Castope,

it has the wire frame thing so i will try that - if i see extra lines can i delete them?

would i delete the nodes to do that? (i've just watched a tutorial about nodes) tee hee - cos till this morning i didn't know what they were...

Thanks again

yes, that all would be resolved with node editing. might be more than just deleting though. the last one i just did (a cobra) cut up into little pieces when i tried it. when i checked it with wire frame, it was actually 4 "strips" that were layed together to make the image look normal. it took breaking apart the node lines then re joining them where they should be. its not that hard once you get the hang of it.