Sign in to follow this  
RPM Graphics

Mouse Pads?

Has anybody used basic heat pressed vinyl for mousepad application?  I use ecofilm from imprintables warehouse, but most blank pads say about inkjet, or sublimated or digital printing. 

I never used heat press vinyl but have done them with jpss (jet Pro Super soft?) inkjet paper just like they use for t shirts. You would think with the vinyl there would be bumps on the pad.

I never used heat press vinyl but have done them with jpss (jet Pro Super soft?) inkjet paper just like they use for t shirts. You would think with the vinyl there would be bumps on the pad.

How did the JPSS paper work? Did it turn out good?

I am looking into doing this as I am getting ready to order my Epson 1100 from CobraInk.

the JPSS will work better with the 1100 and proper inks, the inkjet did ok but you know the colors aren't as crisp. And you dont have to wash them so fading isnt really an issue.

check eBay for mouse pads or bestblanks.com anyone that sells the paper usually has the substrates also.

these were done with the cobra ciss system and jpss paper 375 degrees for 30 seconds

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

When we use a vinyl transfer when doing mouse pads we take the backing

sheet and put it on the transfer and then press.

That gives you a nice shinny, clear and smooth finish.

Russ

This may sound dumb but I've actually printed a picture on regular t-shirt transfer paper you buy at wal-mart and used the heat press to put on the design.  Turns out great and doesn't crack or anything.  I think it's great if someone wants something more personal and it's easier than converting images.

I got my mousepads at signwarehouse.com

CH