I have customer ask me about making some stickers that he can across.

Here is the kicker, they have a copyright date of 1982. No way to find out who printed them.

He is representing the company who's name is on them but I don't think he has the authority to make the final decision.

What would you do? I don't want to get my new business in trouble for $50 worth of stickers.

Ask for Corporate release to reproduce..NO matter what someone says if it's copyrighted it's copyrighted!...

Sound suspicious to me??

I am just starting ain this field and will run into this myself before long and hope someone gives me the same advice!!

just my 2cents

stetson5331

If you really want to make the decals & land a customer , call the company & ask . If you get written permission from the company directly, you are good . This sounds like it could be legit & also sounds like what was done to Lara . Much info might be determined if you ask them how they want the receipt made up . X amount for # of decals vs x amount for specific decals made .

If you really want to make the decals & land a customer , call the company & ask . If you get written permission from the company directly, you are good . This sounds like it could be legit & also sounds like what was done to Lara . Much info might be determined if you ask them how they want the receipt made up . X amount for # of decals vs x amount for specific decals made .

+1

Had not thought of that one about how they want the ticket..VEEEEERY interesting...

stetson5331

I just got this same deal happen with me for a race car. I know the crew and everything should be legit... but one slip up and it could mean a big fine. Play safe-- get permission

Seems the set-up deals are 2 party . The 1rst party that gets the work done & disappears . Then a legal crew comes after some money with the evidence/receipt that the 1rst party got . No matter what the 1rst party said /did ... legal or illegal , it does not effect the outcome .

Seems the set-up deals are 2 party . The 1rst party that gets the work done & disappears . Then a legal crew comes after some money with the evidence/receipt that the 1rst party got . No matter what the 1rst party said /did ... legal or illegal , it does not effect the outcome .

Just checked out your web site, man I made sooo much money in the late 80's early 90's financing those things when I worked at Green Tree, I still have some of it. Sad to see them going for such a small fraction of the 50-60k I used to value them at back then.

1 of the worst investments a person can make IMO . I charge to remove them . I take the homes that need too much work to the dump & pay the dump fee . The other homes I sell ( mainly thru Craigs List ) save the dump fee & get a little home run . I also am trying to set up a park on the 165 acres at my WV property . Not enough time , energy or money so far . Did you know Laura Brewer at Green Tree ( head of repo homes ) ? I deal with her on the homes that still have liens . It is a tough situation since I have towing & storage against the homes at that point . They HATE to pay anything . They write off alot of the liens .

Well if i was allowed to put a bigger trailer on my property, the one you got for 3k would be a goner! ;D

Let me guess .... GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ;D? BAHAHAHA  ;D

Let me guess .... GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ;D? BAHAHAHA  ;D

Ya know, for once in your life, that petty attempt at a joke got you a correct answer!!  ;D

My place is on a flood plain, nothing perm is allowed!

1 of the worst investments a person can make IMO . I charge to remove them . I take the homes that need too much work to the dump & pay the dump fee . The other homes I sell ( mainly thru Craigs List ) save the dump fee & get a little home run . I also am trying to set up a park on the 165 acres at my WV property . Not enough time , energy or money so far . Did you know Laura Brewer at Green Tree ( head of repo homes ) ? I deal with her on the homes that still have liens . It is a tough situation since I have towing & storage against the homes at that point . They HATE to pay anything . They write off alot of the liens .

I haven't worked for Green Tree since 2002, it became Conseco Finance at one point and then due to the discovery of Enron type balance on receipt accounting had a massive stock drop from $48 to about $1 in a week or so and then went BK shortly after I left and reverted back to seprate companies so the association wouldn't continue to drag the insurance company down with them.

We thought we were on top of the world back then and it was never going to end. They had employee incentives for production like cruises, vacations to exclusive resorts, retreats, Dom Perrion(sp?) parties where famous chefs prepared lavish meals and banquets.

Every couple of months we'd go to work on a Friday and find out that they were loading us in "limo busses" to Las Vegas that afternoon... not to mention the fact that six figure incomes were the norm.

Those were the days, young, greedy, inconsiderate and always on the verge of a heart attack. Funny thing is, none of the old crew I still speak to would ever admit that they were the greedy bastards they used to be back then. Every one became so PC soon after the guilt set in

Moble Homes are inexpensive dwellings & are not as bad as many think . If you have property , it is a no brainer to buy a used unit or even a new unit if you don't want to save a bundle on a used unit ...

or don't have the money to work with . That sort of sets the pattern of buyng new Mobile Homes . They would finance almost anybody at an outragious interest rate . Most buyers are people who don't qualify for a standard house loan . The Mobile Homes have always depreciated . It seemed better than renting as it was their home , but still had to deal with park managers , so not that different from renting . I have several parks ( 1 with 619 homes ) where I remove the homes when the owners get behind on the lot rent . Anything I sell them for is pure profit minus the storage lot rent , so I bargain price them . I sell them much cheaper if they buy them off the lot before I move & put them into storage . Many people buy them as primary dwellings , some for farm hands , some for hunting cabins . Many peple buy them for out of state property they have in addition to a primary residence . Fast cheap housing . Only thing that gets expensive is transporting them .

Guess i'll just hafta settle for my lil 34'r and hide away in the summer fishin off the bank! ;D

Yeah, sorry about that... pretty rude of me.  :-

Is that a slam at Rodger hijacking all the 4ums again???  :D

Still thinking we need to sedate Rodger, he has been getting out of hand lately with all this thread hijacking!  :D

I'll  go along with that .. it sounds like fun  :D