Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

4' by 3' with text

I plan to put approximately 11 lines of text on .080 alum 4' by 3'.

I can price the substrate, just curious how you would charge for the text to cover that size

considering the amount of weeding.

thanks for prompt reply, what is the method for pricing? sqft? line inch??

I made a sliding scale chart. It starts 6.5 cents per sq. in. for 3 square feet and goes down to 3.5 cents per sq. in. for 32 square feet or larger. This is for coroplast or white banner. If the material is different I add 1.5 times the cost of the substrate. I add 20% for each additional colour and sometimes extra if the text is extensive. This gives me a minimum of 28.00 but I usually charge 25.00 for an 18" x 24" coroplast sign. Some prices get rounded off. I am sure a "techie" could make an excel spreadsheet to make the calculation I have to do manually.

post-8737-129865660534_thumb.jpg

post-8737-12986566080931_thumb.jpg

$271.50 completed, includes vinyl cut and applied and the substrate cut to size That may seem high but you need to buy a 4x8' sheet and have it cut down and even though the customer isn't using all of that 4x8', you still are charged for it so it is what it is

I made a sliding scale chart. It starts 6.5 per sq. in. for 3 square feet and goes down to 3.5 per sq. in. for 32 square feet or larger. This is for coroplast or white banner. If the material is different I add 1.5 times the cost of the substrate. I add 20% for each additional colour and sometimes extra if the text is extensive. This gives me a minimum of 28.00 but I usually charge 25.00 for an 18" x 24" coroplast sign. Some prices get rounded off. I am sure a "techie" could make an excel spreadsheet to make the calculation I have to do manually.

uh, maybe you made a typo. I think you meant to say 6.5 per sq ft???  or  .065 cents per inch?

$6.50 per sq in is $936.00 for 1 sqft.

My prices are based on square inches.....

So 12 square feet x 144 = 1728 x 5.6 = 9676.8 / 100 = 96.75 rounded.....

I came up with $120 for the vinyl so looks like we're pretty close. Within $20ish isn't bad.

My prices are based on square inches.....

So 12 square feet x 144 = 1728 x 5.6 = 9676.8 / 100 = 96.75 rounded.....

got it, thanks.

Thanks...

One more question about your chart. if you were making several signs for the same customer. would you total the sqin for all the signs before refering to your chart or go to the chart per sign.

Yep sounds about right. At my last job I had to do 2 (48" x 48") white eg black vinyl signs on aluminum with about 18 lines of text in times new roman 17 of which were no larger than 1.15". It look about a workday and a half and I had 1 other crew member helping.... it was sooooo much work and the stupid company only charged 195 x sign.  I would have asked for more (then again that company didn't know how long I actually took making those, had they known they would have reconsidered.)

Multiple signs and/or multiple designs require an adjustment.....I do not have a formula so I more or less wing it....But I do not do many multiple piece orders....But once I get over 32 square feet I do not think I would go any lower......That covers quantity orders of the same design.....For different layouts, you have to add something extra for additional layouts...So 5 different layouts would cost more than 5 of the same layout....