MisterEd65

Quick pricing question on heat press vinyl

Sorry you are unable to comprehend business sense.

I was running a business long before you,sonny boy. Very successfully. What you don't 'comprehend' is that you are the lone voice here. Nobody else thinks $25 is a fair price.

Maybe his member name is the # of hats he has sold :D  ;D

I was running a business long before you,sonny boy. Very successfully. What you don't 'comprehend' is that you are the lone voice here. Nobody else thinks $25 is a fair price.

Well lookie here, sonny boy, someone else here thinks the same:

We also charge 25.00 for a custom shirt there not going to wall mart for a custom printed tee and yes they do come back for more prints if they want to save cash then we do screen print with a 24 min 

If you don't believe your work is worth the money, your client won't either.

I am going to chim in here, i believe most of us here think that our work is worth allot more than that,  the reality is that most folks don't and will not pay $25 for a custom shirt.  I believe that It just depends in the area you are in, some areas are less saturated than others and can handle the high fees that some print shop charge, some and most have plenty of competitors that will eat u up if you continue to charge so much for a shirt.  Just my 2 cents.

And from my experience , when you make a customer feel like a sucker , they will go out of their way to discredit you , Treat customers fairly & they will promote your business . I agree with BizzyTop's post .... This part  "  I believe most of us here think that our work is worth allot more than that " .... I understand the intent , but I don't think a 1 color T-Shirt is worth $25 . I would not expect anybody to think it is unless they " just got off of the boat " . Anybody who can search E-Bay , Craigslist etc can find a much better deal . I think Embroidered stuff looks & is so much better , i could see 1 off stuff being that much , but heat press stuff is not in the same league as Embroidered IMO . I don't do embroidered stuff , but I do heat press stuff .

I sell my one color T's for $15. I don't have much expenses though. This is something I do in my off time out of my home office so my only expense is the materials and my time. I would probably expect an actual store to charge more for them as they have a lot more overhead expenses.

There's a shop in the local mall here that does the exact same vinyl shirts. They charge $40 a shirt or $60 for two and they stay BUSY!

Off topic but,

Anyone have any shirt suppliers they use? I pay $5 a shirt now. Is this a competitive price??

I sell my one color T's for $15. I don't have much expenses though. This is something I do in my off time out of my home office so my only expense is the materials and my time. I would probably expect an actual store to charge more for them as they have a lot more overhead expenses.

There's a shop in the local mall here that does the exact same vinyl shirts. They charge $40 a shirt or $60 for two and they stay BUSY!

Off topic but,

Anyone have any shirt suppliers they use? I pay $5 a shirt now. Is this a competitive price??

Try SanMar. But prices are going to climb with textiles going up (sanmar already sent out a letter). But not much less than $3 for a basic t-hirt.