Sign in to follow this  
slowngreen

adhering problem.

My transfer paper isnt sticking to the backing very well. It sticks to the vinyl sticker but not the backing, so the edges are all peeled up which doesnt look good at all....Advice?

what kind of tranfer tape?  it is not supposed to stick very well to the waxed paper backing. Squeegee good and  Tape the ends down with cello tape.

Its PerfecTear tape. Im real new to vinyl and am making 600 decals for a guy and thought having the edges up might look too cheaply done but maybe not? I'll check out some cello tape. thanks

all I use is Main Perfect Tear also,  All you can do is squeegee good  and if you want add some cello tape on a couple edges, Every transfer tape I have used, does it.  It is because of the waxed paper.  

Theres prolly arleady an answer for me if I search but I'll ask anyways  ;) I ran out of white vinyl, which was some stuff off ebay, was 3 rolls for like $30, I think in the title it was called "U-cut". Is a more expensive brand going to be alot better AND will a different brand in white be the same color? This is high gloss white....Maybe too vague of a question huh?

U-Cut is no brand name.    Are you sure it wasn't Comp-U-Cut?  Comp-U-Cut if made by General Formulations.   It is usually a house brand for a lot of sign companies.  Some call it Shinerite by Fellers etc. I don't have problems using it.   Yes, colors can be  bit different from different companies.   It won't make a difference with the transfer tape,  All vinyl has the waxed paper backing for easier release of the vinyl.

I had the same problem with the perfect tear. I'm new to this as well so i tried different brands just to see what kind of results i'd get The Enduramask brand seems like a pretty good tape with no problems lifting off backing. I didnt wanna waste the perfect tear so what i would do is just put a phone book on top of the decals overnight that were covered with the perfect tear. It actually worked pretty well for me and stickers still released from backing with no problems. Hope it helps

General Formulations vinyl is pretty good. I had a sample of a roll of black a while back and it cut and weeded nicely. I liked it.

For transfer tape I use R Tape AT-60. Never an issue, even on decals I made months ago.