Sign in to follow this  
finalstation

Help MH 871 Issue

Hello I've successfully install the drivers for my MH 871 cutter. The thing is the Reset button is lit red when I power it on and the carriage arm goes all the way to the right and presses the red button. It makes no difference if it is connected to the computer or not. No other buttons show the light on.

Under Devices and Printers on Windows 7 it recognizes the machine as RT232R USB UART.  Under properties I changed the port to COM3. Should be all set right? I tried sending "HELLO" and the arm moved or pretended to move, but it cut nothing, and the vinyl didn't even move. 

I tried Flexi and set it up as PCN-1000, same thing arm moves just a tad, vinyl stays put. No cut on vinyl at all. :huh:

What am I missing? Is it broken? :) 

ATTENTION: If this is the wrong section or this has been discussed, please don't just tell me it has, provide a link to the post with the solution. Thank you.

Is that light you're talking about the Orgin Light? Have you tried depressing the button associated with it? I believe when you hit the button the arm should save the coordinates as the orgin. When you take it off, you can push the other buttons will move the vinyl up or down.

Has Us cutter fixed the USB problem. I ended up buying a 25 pin serial cable and connecting that and it works. I understand that some laptops dont have serial cables and when they do they have a 9 pin.

The USB cable and Serial cable (RS232) will not have the same name.

Thank you both for your answers.  I just got it running! :huh: When I turn it on the arm goes all the way to the right, and always pushes the so call "kill button."  After that I need to take if offline and set it up and press ORIGIN.  You are correct. I am using the USB cable so I assume they got if fixed! :)

I'm so excited I'm gonna start making some car decals and signs!

Thank you again.

Hoping I can get some help =)

I just purchased 2 MH-871 Printers...and have lots of questions so please dont shoot me =)

1.) I am running Windows 7 64 Bit..and Mine too finds the unit as RT232R USB UART....I cant get any further...It doesnt let me install the cutter as a printer or anything like that.

2.) The Software was already registered by the person I bought the cutters from, What are my options for software?

3.) The unit seems to keep putting roller marks from it being to tight of a grip on the paper, I have adjusted the rollers down..but seems to stay there...Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am sure I will have more =) But for now..I would love to just be able to cut a sticker or something =) I have Corel and Illustrator...Just dont know how to make them talk to unit.

Carl

first off, it is not a printer, and does not install like a printer,  here is the newbie manual. work thru it.  download in first post.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17489.0.html

welcome and goodluck

corel and illustrator are not cutting software.  only design software.  You have to have a cutting software to communicate from computer to your vinyl cutter.

My Apology...I come from a very long history of printing, and printers.

I keep unintentionally calling it a printer =)

I understand its a cutter.

I also understand how it communicates.

Im just having no luck at actually getting it to do it.

Carlcas

OK  well, what cutting software are you using ?  If you are using USB connection,  You have to match the com port # of your computer device manager to the  com port # in your cutting software in set up.

Appreciate the link to the Newbie file...Its is educating.

I am trying the trial version of SignBlazer right now.

I am working on the Com Port thing now....

SignBlazer seems a bit unstable at the momment..Keeps locking pretty hard on me.

I will post where I get with the ComPort in a few.

Thanks again for the help.

Carlcas

Ok so I got it to communicate....(Com 4)

But SignBlazer doesnt have a profile for this cutter like it does for so many others.

So I told it to use one that was close (Width specs) to see if it would send the file over...

It did...But the cutter went nuts =) So now if I can only find the correct info to create my own profile. I bet I get it =)

Thanks

Carlcas

Reading it now...

This program seems a bit buggy for me...I can get one thing to cut. (Looks great) But then I try to send another job..or the same job back over..and the program locks hard enough I have to actually reboot the computer. =(

Carlcas

Signblazer has not been updated for a few years,  owner passed away a few years ago.  It is a permanent trial.  I don't use it.

I already have Illustrator, so I use  Flexistarter...8.6  It is a basic cutting software.  The new Flexistarter 10 can contour cut even on your machine.   and you own it.  Other products are alot higher priced.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flexi-Starter-10-vinyl-cutter-FlexiStarter-Design-NEW-/270708745941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f077fa6d5

Ok so I got it to communicate....(Com 4)

But SignBlazer doesnt have a profile for this cutter like it does for so many others.

So I told it to use one that was close (Width specs) to see if it would send the file over...

It did...But the cutter went nuts =) So now if I can only find the correct info to create my own profile. I bet I get it =)

Thanks

Carlcas

choose the other mh series under the options. mh7-something.

Reading it now...

This program seems a bit buggy for me...I can get one thing to cut. (Looks great) But then I try to send another job..or the same job back over..and the program locks hard enough I have to actually reboot the computer. =(

Carlcas

if sb freezes, before you try to reboot, just pull the usb plug out of the computer. that should unlock it and allow you to continue, or worst case, restart sb, but you should not need to reboot the pc.

if sb freezes, before you try to reboot, just pull the usb plug out of the computer. that should unlock it and allow you to continue, or worst case, restart sb, but you should not need to reboot the pc.

eta.

try this with anything. often, if my pc freezes for any reason, first thing i do is to disconnect anything plugged into it. that solves the problem 90% of the time. not just limited to cutters and signblazer.

Pulling the Cable does allow me to reset the software and use it a bit =) Thanks.

I also ordered that Flexi Software that was linked above, Just from another vendor on Ebay..Got it for $94 shipped. It will be here in a week.

Thanks again guys for all this help.

Carlcas

Sorry it has been awhile since I revisited this post....Have been busy as all get out, and ill at the same time.

But I did want to revisit and say THANKS! To everyone especially Skeeter for the help in getting me up and running.

I have the system up and running, and have been doing alot of cool stuff with my "Cutter" (Not Printer even though I wanted to say it Skeeter ;) )

I bought the software as suggested and things have been smooth sailing.

I am still learning all the time..Trying to learn speeds and pressure right now and why it sometimes pulls pieces off as it cuts.

But in the end...Im having a blast!

THANKS AGAIN Guys!

Carlcas

Sorry it has been awhile since I revisited this post....Have been busy as all get out, and ill at the same time.

But I did want to revisit and say THANKS! To everyone especially Skeeter for the help in getting me up and running.

I have the system up and running, and have been doing alot of cool stuff with my "Cutter" (Not Printer even though I wanted to say it Skeeter ;) )

I bought the software as suggested and things have been smooth sailing.

I am still learning all the time..Trying to learn speeds and pressure right now and why it sometimes pulls pieces off as it cuts.

But in the end...Im having a blast!

THANKS AGAIN Guys!

Carlcas

Your welcome. ;D It sounds like your blade is out too far., try this.

Actually you can take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand cut across a piece of vinyl. There should just barely be a marking on the vinyl backing. Keep adjusting the blade in until it just barely makes any mark on the vinyl backing, Now put the holder back in your vinyl cutter. If it does not cut the vinyl. keep adjusting the force until it cuts smoothly. and once again. barely marking the vinyl backing paper. Put the blade offset at 0.25mm and make test cuts using the test feature on your vinyl cutter. move at either -.05mm increments or +.05mm until you get sharp corners on your test cuts.

Sorry, In Flexi it is inches so it is close to 0.0098