Sign in to follow this  
Signs Down Under

SignBlazer Drivers.

Hello all,

I have 2 SBE's... One l downloaded from USC some time ago and the other one l bought from SB which was a digital download at the time off eBay 2-3 years ago, so l don't have a disc for it.

The one from USC has only a few drivers and the one off eBay has lots of drivers which is probably the version l have seen here for download.

So have a couple of questions.

Can l take the version l got off eBay from my desktop pc and load it on my Laptop... I remember reading something about that if you do it could stop working... Just cant remember when and where l read it, and am just a bit worried about losing it !!

Sometime ago l went to take it off the desktop and copy the exe file onto a flash drive and from memory a message did come up indicating this, again l cant remember... Would have to try it again to see what it said.

Basically was wondering if anyone knew if this was safe to do ??

Which brings me to my next question... If l can get it onto my laptop does anyone know which driver would be compatable for my cutter l have a Creation Pcut CR1200W which is not listed although it does have other Creation cutters listed... Is there an alternative l could use ??

Thanks for reading,

Gary.

Hi Gary ,

The most often asked question about SB  ( hint = search button  :rolleyes: )

You can load SB on as many computers as you like . It will stay working forever with existing systems ( XP works best )

I don't know about what driver you would use as I have a CoPam . Serial connection is best & does not need a driver .

Thanks for your reply.

I know you can load SB on as many computers as you want but just wasn't sure about the version l bought if it may have something coded into it compared to the free version available.

The one l bought is on my desktop which is a XP machine.

The version l downloaded from USC is on my laptop (Vista)

Wanted to copy the version off my desktop to my laptop because that one has heaps more drivers and more of a chance to get my cutter going... At the moment l do all designing in SB and export to Flexi Starter for cutting on my laptop.

I want to use the laptop instead of the desktop because it's on it's last legs.

I'm not even sure l can cut out of SB with my cutter !!

Also the CR1200 is only USB... There is no serial.

Gary.

YW , the only difference in SB Elements & SB Elements trial version is the screens you have to click thru . The trial version was to be available free for 30 days & then you would have to buy it . There is a link that Jay has posted several times , it is in the SB section & CutMe originally posted it . It is the " UK " version . I have not used it , but it is supposed to have the most drivers .... :rolleyes:

I have Flexi starter , but cut out of SB . Much easier instead of sending it over to Flexi IMO .

Hi again... yes l agree would be easier to cut from SB directly.

I used to years ago as l have SB pro with hot shot which l have on an old windows 98 machine when l had a Roland PNC 1000.

At the moment the only choice l have is to export to Flexi for cutting.

The SBE that l bought from Jerry is the UK version with most drivers but my cutter is a 2010 model and does not support it.

So I'm here to find out if anyone might know what my options would be.

Gary.

Have you tried some of the other drivers in the Pro version to see if they will work with your new cutter?

Gary , have you heard any news about an evolved software coming out based upon the SB stuff ? I have been hearing rumors for a couple years  :rolleyes:

Hi Jay,

The pro version l have is 5. something... it is about 15 years old or so but is still fantastic, would love to get this onto vista but would not be compatiable... It's on an old windows 98 machine l have.

I have the disc's for it and my activation codes etc, it has the old type software lock (Dongle) which also has a code number... it connects to one of the ports on the back of the pc... LPT 1 from memory and then the serial from that to the cutter.

There are tons of drivers on there... Think it might of been before Creation was around, only top end cutters supported (No Chinese)

I have a driver for my cutter (CR1200W) which was on a disc and can download it from Creation web site as well...Is there a way to get this driver into SBE driver list, have tried but dont know how to do it.

Read a post from Jerry somewhere that you need to load drivers first before loading SB... So SB can find the new driver.

Thought about starting from scratch and reload the driver for my cutter then loading SBE again to see if this works.

My Computer guy says there is a good chance that he can get my old SB pro working in Windows 7... not sure how he would do that because of the dongle etc, he has a old laptop with Windows 7 loaded and is willing to give it a go on that !!!

That would be great but still would need a driver for my particular cutter.

Gary.

I wonder if there is a way to find where the drivers are stored in the program directory and copy it to the old version of software?

Hey Rodger,

Yeah l have heard that for a while... As you say that could be just a rumor, but you never know what could happen down the track.

I knew Jerry fairly well as l bought his very first SB in the early days and he and the other guys would always work on my computer and fix any problems l had... Don't know what happened to the guys from Colourchrome after Jerry passed away, thought maybe they would of carried the company on.

Was thinking about converting to Vinylmaster (VML) which is a light version of Pro and Expert because it supports my cutter.

Downloaded the demo versions but didn't like it compared to SBE. (On eBay for around $250.00)

If l cant get my cutter to work in SBE l think l will keep designing in SB and just export to Flexi Starter for cutting... It's not a huge problem,

I'm just that used to SB that l didn't want to give up on it.

Gary.

Hey Gary ,

I am not giving up either :) . I know things like that take alot of time considering the way things went after Jerry passed . From what I found out ( & I searched alot ) somebody claimed ownership of some designing parts of SignBlazer , so a civil lawsuit ensued . That was settled & it seemed there might be 2 versions of the software coming out ( the settlement gave each party specific rights ) . Development could start then . I know that kind of stuff can take a very long time , but I am hoping it comes out tomorrow ( it is always a day away  :huh: ) . I also hope both parties come together to make 1 software . Is that the way things have went from your knowledge ? After learning on InkScape/sending it to SignCut , learning SignBlazer was very easy & fun .

Hey Rodger,

Haven't heard anything for a while now about it.

Will have to do some research myself... In the meantime I'll try figuring out these drivers... Probably something simple.

Thanks for trying to help.

Gary.