Sign in to follow this  
pmiracing

comunication issues

I just got a refine MH 1351, got it all hooked up and can't get the computer to communicate with the cutter. We are using signblazer on a desktop with xp.  I have tried the LPT and USB ports with no luck.  We finally got it to pop up "sending output to cutter" but still nothing at the cutter.

how do I check the baud rate in windows? I can in csigncut and at the cutter but can't find it in windows. What should it be set at? What about the com port? Thanks for the help

If you are getting can not open output device, make sure your cutter is online ( light on). In  sign blazer in the cutter menu, make sure the refine mh1351 is selected select the correct ouput device ( you know it when you see it) have direct checked, do not use cut manager. On the refine make sure the baud rate is set the same as in sign blazer. Attached is a screen shot, my output device is not setup at this time because the cutter is not connected at this time

post-1385-12986514710574_thumb.jpg

post-1385-12986514726759_thumb.jpg

still nothing.  I really need someone to walk me through this step by step.  We have spent around four to five hours trying to set this thing up and nothing.  These things shouldn't be this difficult, why don't they come with instructions that walk you through this? :why:

Every cutter comes with a quick install insert. Sometimes it does not help.....

Send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you for assistance.

:huh:

Ken Imes Please call me, This machine still IS NOT WORKING. We need to get this figured out since we are now on our fourth week since I ordered this thing and I still have nothing that works.

Ken Imes Please call me, This machine still IS NOT WORKING. We need to get this figured out since we are now on our fourth week since I ordered this thing and I still have nothing that works.

Could you PM me your phone number again plz, I cannot find it.

We have tried various USB cables, a new mother board and now the blades will not lift off the paper and I can not get a hold of Ken.  Any idea's would be great!!

We have tried various USB cables, a new mother board and now the blades will not lift off the paper and I can not get a hold of Ken.  Any idea's would be great!!

Need your phone number again please.

Yet another day has gone by and no working cutter. You said we would have the part for it today.  This has been one of the worst purchases I have ever made.  When I bought this machine, I sure thought one month would be plenty of time to get the machine and cut the things we had to get done, I guess I was wrong.  If my business ran this way I wouldn't have one for long.

Hey PMI Racing,

Don't just give up.

We are all here to help you.

You have what appears to be a simple (i hope it is) communication problem.

Here is a link with PICTURES to follow to check your settings.

Get these right and you will be cutting a storm,

The same link is on this forum but i cannot find it.

http://www.signblazer.net/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

If you email Ken your phone number he is there to help as well.

Jerry from SignBlazer :woohoo:

Okay,  We have installed a new mother board and blade carriage and now the blade does not drop down enough to actually cut the vinyl.  I have IM'd Ken and tried calling and I keep getting the answering machine.  Does anyone have any idea's??

A couple of things to check.

1 Make sure the new head is the same as the old head in size.

2. Make sure the connections from the head back to the M/B are all correct,

Jerry from SignBlazer,

Or, there is a slight chance the new replacement carriage is defective, which I would hate to think after all you have been through. I sent you a PM with a couple of choices from here...

After going along just fine for a few month, I am now having similar communications problems.  The computer recognizes the USB after plugging in, but changing out the USB is the only thing that I can think of that I haven't tried.  I also posted on the SignBlazer section.  Any suggestions on other things to try since I won't be able to get a new USB for a bit?  I plan to check Jerry's link to see if there is anything else there that I haven't tried yet.  Thanks!!

After going along just fine for a few month, I am now having similar communications problems.  The computer recognizes the USB after plugging in, but changing out the USB is the only thing that I can think of that I haven't tried.  I also posted on the SignBlazer section.  Any suggestions on other things to try since I won't be able to get a new USB for a bit?  I plan to check Jerry's link to see if there is anything else there that I haven't tried yet.  Thanks!!

When the USb cable is plugged in, do you see anything in the Device Manager for it under the Ports category? If so, it should also give you the COM port it is using so you know which one to select in SignBlazer.