Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Swiching computers

I just got my copam2500 and started installing signblazer on my laptop. Everything I read said stay away from the USB for the communication to the cutter. Well my problem is my laptop is only about 6 months old and I have no parallel or comport just usb ports. During the installation it also said not to use a mouse that uses a usb because it may draw to much power and leave enough for the cutter usb.

I may be able to get my hands on a desktop pc. My question is will I be able to download signblazer to the desktop since I already put it on my laptop?

I am new to this so any help would be great.

Mario

You can install SignBlazer in as many computers as you want .

Yeah what Rodger said! ;)

As far as the USB/Mouse issue, try it and find out. If it doesn't work and you have another bank of USB ports, try plugging one of the devices in the other bank - there is a current limit but it shouldn't really be an issue.

As far as moving the software, I have it installed on 3 systems already, 2 desktops and a netbook, haven't had a problem cutting off the netbook now that i think about it and i use a wireless usb mouse on it...

A lot of people complain about the usb connection, i'm not a hard core vinyl cutter but so far haven't had a single issue i could blame on the usb connection.

I just got my copam2500 and started installing signblazer on my laptop. Everything I read said stay away from the USB for the communication to the cutter. Well my problem is my laptop is only about 6 months old and I have no parallel or comport just usb ports. During the installation it also said not to use a mouse that uses a usb because it may draw to much power and leave enough for the cutter usb.

I may be able to get my hands on a desktop pc. My question is will I be able to download signblazer to the desktop since I already put it on my laptop?

I am new to this so any help would be great.

Mario