Sign in to follow this  
RRE

making vinyl for ething

These people want to know what it would cost to make the etch maskes for a 12"x 12" tiles.

What should I cahrge for these vinyls?

im curious to see the responses here. under my current pricing schedule, im getting $21.60, which i think is high. id offer $20 shipped, knowing shipping would likely be around $3 in a tube. if it was a design that would allow it to be folded without creasing the vinyl, id ship it in a catalogue envelope for $1.50.

eta-----------

this is for 1. id prob go $15 ea for multiples for that size.

How much time will it take you "all in"?....Receiving order, confirming order, receiving artwork, proofing order, cutting, weeding, delivering order, receiving payment, etc. etc. etc. Plus all the "overhead" time....Ordering materials, learning your craft, bookkeeping, etc. etc....

I have no idea what you should charge, however, as you can see even the smallest order takes time....I try for a minimum of 35.00 and that rarely gives me an hourly rate close to what I make on larger orders....I bet if you kept track of all your time, it would hard to do a 1 off piece for less than a couple hours....

I think it depends on the detail of the image, you can use scrap vinyl the color doesn't matter. Also the more detail the image the easier it is to weed after applying it to the tile. So you may get away with just cutting, taping and shipping. They are etching it anyways so you don't have to worry about scratches.

How much time will it take you "all in"?....Receiving order, confirming order, receiving artwork, proofing order, cutting, weeding, delivering order, receiving payment, etc. etc. etc. Plus all the "overhead" time....Ordering materials, learning your craft, bookkeeping, etc. etc....

to me, taking all these tasks into account when pricing something would seem to put things into a price bracket out of reach for such a simple piece.  i completely understand taking your time and overhead into account, don't get me wrong.  materials, cutting, weeding, proofing-no problem.  however, if i added up 'learning my craft, bookkeeping time, time i spent researching and ordering materials', the price for that piece would be verging on astronomical and i just started!  its a slippery slope.  (btw, taking into account and charging for your time for receiving payment just sounds ridiculous!  ha.  again, however, i totally get where you're coming from.)

$20 including shipping or $20 + shipping both sound like reasonable numbers.