Sign in to follow this  
vinylmotivations

R-Tape 4076

I bought a roll of R-Tape from my local wholesaler- and am having issues with it. It seems to lift the vinyl off the backing just fine, but I am using it for wall-graphics. doesn't seem like it is wanting to release ANY of my wall graphics to any surface. Yet it seems to work fine on glass, fiberglass, composite- etc- anything that has a hard smooth glossy surface. Put it on a wall and its like one solid sticker. GRRR>

What kind should I switch to or what should I do to make this stuff release? Were talking everything from a smooth flat paint wall to a bumpy gloss- NOTHING will stick.

Is it high tack  ( sounds like it is ) ? I have only used medium tack & I can put oracal 651 decals on semi gloss painted walls . Maybe try to spray water/app fluid on the back & letting it dissolve some glue before removing .

Easy, 4076 is HIGHER TACK, The proper tape for the job would be 4075 or the medium tack rtape has. I use 4075 for wall vinyl and it works perfect.

even on automotive applications, any reason to not use the medium 4075 tack? What about the AT-60 clear?