Sign in to follow this  
stitchnsign

New to Forum New to USCUTTER and very frustrated

:D Just arrived!!! My new USCUTTER with Sign Blazer etc.... First find out Sign Blazer only works in trial mode. Then cant get it to work through serial... try USB, ITS WORKING!!! But............... It cuts DRAG LINES across every letter, tried resetting, off setting blade lifting etc..... but find the cutter wont lift at all.

With the serial connection, what were your settings? This is what mine look like:

post-1657-12986558809522_thumb.png

I use Sign Blazer in trial mode, not sure there really are any more keys.

From the forums they say the guy that wrote it passed away so no more updates no nadda!

But, trial mode is full mode and doesn't expire so other than the nag screens theres nothing to stress over...

As far as the blade dragging, you should have the blade sticking out about 1/2 the height of a credit card if that.

If that's what you have already, simply raise the entire blade holder about a 1/4" and lock it in place (I had to do that for a few weeks before it went back to cutting correctly)

If the blade isn't raising or lowering, I'd put in a trouble ticket, I'm sure the fine folk at USCutter Tech support can give you a hand!

;) Just arrived!!! My new USCUTTER with Sign Blazer etc.... First find out Sign Blazer only works in trial mode. Then cant get it to work through serial... try USB, ITS WORKING!!! But............... It cuts DRAG LINES across every letter, tried resetting, off setting blade lifting etc..... but find the cutter wont lift at all.

[/

Like you I had the same problem (being a newbie is frustrating).

But I didn't give up I tried the plotter pen 1st which is a great idea that UScutter

included with my package. After trying to find a setting which adjusted lift of the head without success I tried to adjust it manually by raising the pen in the holder 1mm at a time & was amazed that I figured it out! Wow what a boost of confidence!

What's Next..........OH CRAP HELP!

Stitchnsign did you not read the listing when you purchased your item? It clearly states that it is a permanent trial full version.... I keep reading people complaining about this "trial" version when in fact it was already made clear what it was.  It is what it is.  Sorry I just sometimes feel like saying "RTFM" but sometimes there is no manual ;p  don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything but you aren't the first person I read on these boards complaining about trial versions of products which are no longer being licensed.