Sign in to follow this  
Mario

COPAM 2500

hI,

I am looking into purchasing a vinyl cutter. I am new to this and I don't have a clue where to start. I spend a ton of money every year paying for all of my vinyl needs for my race cars. I would like to purchase this cutter so I can do all of my car graphics and lettering and save a few bucks.

1) Is the Copam 2500 a good cutter.

2) I have windows 7 and was wondering what software to buy. I will need to do allot of contour cutting and text

3) What is a good vinyl to buy

4) Will it cut heat press material (thinking about making crew shirts)

Any comments or suggestions would be great. Like I said I am very new to this and I am very lost on what to buy. I have allot of design experience using AtouCad and Solidworks so learning the software is not scary for me I just want a solid program to work with.

Thanks

Mario

Great cutter

signblazer is free and works great - the copam does not contour cut (cut around printed items) if you and to contour you will want to upgrade to a graphtec

Stick with Oracal 651 and higher and you will have not problems - stay away from cheaper vinyl

Heat press vinyl is no problem with any cutter.

check out this place for siser for 32.00 roll

http://www.alpinesignsupply.com/

I have a copam 42 inch but I have hardly ever used over 24 inch width . Do you really need contour cutting :D I have done a few race cars and never used any contour cutting . I have had the copam for almost a year now with no problems and I use the free signblazer and inkscape with it. Also I use oracal 651 on almost everything I have done. Good Luck and you can learn alot just by searching this site.You will need a heat press also for the shirts .

I made my mind up. I'm ordering the Copam 2500. I Cant wait to get it.

Does Alpine Supply only have 12 colours of Siser Easy Weed?......www.heattransferwarehouse.com has all the colours for 32.50 and free shipping over 150.00.....Also has white & black in 20".....