Sign in to follow this  
coateslr

Starting position of cutter & offset values

I tried using the arrows key yesterday successfully.  Thanks for the tip. 

I would like to know does the cutter always have to start in the 0 axis position.  In short, can I place the vinyl anywhere on the cutter as long as it is in between the green squares and grippers, and have the cutter to start from that position instead of having to start it from the far right 0 axis position each time?  If so, how is it accomplished?

Also I've read the forums and information on offset values and still can't get a grasp on them.  I set the offset on the cutter to 1mm and the force grams to 150 yesterday while cutting through thermaflex extra and it cut completely through it.  I set it on .25 mm and it didn't cut the designs out fully through the vinyl or the edges of the designs.  There were parts that I had to cut with the knife myself.  Do I go up or down on the offset values?  What about the grams of force that cut through the paper.  It was set to 150g and I moved it down to 120g. 

Thanks

Use the arrows to position the carriage where you would like it to start, then hold down on the Enter button for a few seconds to zero out the new starting point.

I have never messed with the offset settings on the cutter, so I would set that back to the way it was when you first took it out of the box. Downforce is not as important as it is to set the blade depth right for the material you are cutting. Once the blade depth is set, the downforce is more for fine tuning.

Ken is correct,

You NEVER change the offset for a particular blade.

Ensure that the offset is what is on the box.

Your variables as Ken says are

Speed

Force or Pressure

And the amount of blade out of the holder.

This varies from almost nothing to almost something.

It is best to do test cuts first always.

If you are using the thick US made local flock stuff you may need the 60 degree blade with a 0.75 offset.

Hope this helps

Jerry from SignBlazer.