jmatson

My First Fair

I am signed up to sell Vinyl at the fair this weekend. I just looking for Ideas how everyone else does it?

I plan on taking my cutter. and cutting onsite.

I have no clue what to sell or pricing

Hmm let me know how it goes. I have heard from several people who have done this, some said it was great and they made a ton of money and then others said they made little to nothing, it wasn't worth their time and their cutter just came back covered in dust.

Just be careful about cutting and selling copywritten images. On line I imagine its a little harder to find out, but in person like that, one person walking by who is in the coy righting business... your done lol

Hope all goes well for you!

We did not take any photos of our setup, We had planned on it but were too busy.

We basically took the front desk of the Gym so it was easier. We Hung a few hoodies so people could see the front and back, and wrapped the tee shirts in square pieces of coroplast and pitched them up on the counter so people could see. We also had a window decal display on an easel for easy viewing.

We then brought a few portfolios of our wall art for people to browse while they were waiting that was a huge success.

Next year I plan on having a stand at our Craft Fair. It costs $300-400, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I can make it back up selling wall art and small car magnets.

Got any tips based on your experience?

Well the Fair this weekend SUCKED. There was maybe 50 people that showed up.

my whole setup was two 10x10 tents. I Also was selling Cotton candy, Chili and Hot Cholc. (It was to be cold but the weather changed) I took my cutter out, also made up a 4ftx5ft alium signs with Misc decals selling for 5.00 ea. I sold more stuff to the other vendors that needed new banners and signs than anything else.

Unfortunatly based upon the opinion of many of these flea market guys I talked to in the past, the only stuff that sells at alot of those events IS the copyright stuff. That said, I thought about setting up in the past but have since reconsidered. Better luck next time!

RG

I'll be doing the local Flea Market they do every weekend at the fairgrounds this weekend. Only $20.

In December, going to do the Gun Show. ;D

This is the type of stuff I am interested in learning more about. Please let me know how it goes Joey

It went good and was a good experience..

Went there, and it's usually $10 but because it was indoors it was $35 to sell. I could have paid $10 to sell outside, but opted out due to cold weather. Overall I profitted $45 + the $15 I spent on a canopy tent. Also, got alot of people who ordered from me after.

Here is how I set up:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODYtMjAxMDExMjEtMTIyMC5qcGc.jpg

First day I made my money back. Sold a few precut decals and a few custom cuts on the spot.

A few other sellers near me bought stuff, oneo of which who needed some decals I didn't have art for and I did it for them that night and brought it the next day.

The next day, I sold more precuts and ran out of our old business cards. Same deal, cut some precut ones and some custom ones..

One thing I noticed is that not too many people know how to install these, so I started putting together a banner full of examples of stuff I cut for myself. The best idea I had was that I started to apply a monster decal, which yes I know I can't sell, but I had one from when I made it a while ago for myself. For this I used Clear App tape, and pulled the app tape half way off, and then folded that in half, so it looks to be getting pulled off. This way I could show people how you do it. Also kept a small star on hand that I used to pull off the backing to show the first part.

width=800 height=600http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/xjoeydubsx/3am%20customs/utf-8BSU1HMDAyODctMjAxMDExMjEtMTIyMS5qcGc.jpg[/img]

We also did get a lot of good leads, gave away a lot of cards, shook a lot of hands and kissed a lot of babies..

Well not so much of the latter, but yeah lol.

I ended up getting a bunch of orders of people calling in after, including 2 banners with over $100 profit each.

One thing I can't wait for is getting the Droid X, so at future events where there is no WiFi I can use the Droid X as a wifi hotspot to get decals and such online on the spot.

It's awesome to hear that you at least made your money back. We happen to be within a hundred miles or so of each other so you may see me up there around Cleveland more towards the summer depending on whats going on. I will try not to step on your toes :D

Heh...still looks fun. Even with these small turn-outs you still learn some valuable tips for next time. Well done!

Oh man, it's exciting reading this post. Can't wait til summer. There's a local outdoor flea market I would like to try out. Hopefully i'll be ready by then : )

Wow! I cant believe I just read all 17 pages of that copyright thread. Thanks for the heads-up on that one. It was... Interesting and funny towards the end : )