Sign in to follow this  
BlackMesa

Cool, Cold Weather Vinyl Application Help

Sorry for being such a nOOb without searching, kind of limited on time for awhile...................

Today I had a job doing graphics on a patrol car, so I'm dealing with pieces that are over 60" long and it usually takes us 5 minutes to line one of these pieces up.  Today's job I ran into a problem as the surface was cooler than expected, probably in the neighborhood of 50 degrees and my cheapass water/Dawn soap formula was taking forever to dry and strung the job out by at least an hour or two.

I know about the Rapid Tac cold weather solution but haven't used anything like that and was wanting to get some real world feedback on the product as I was informed I might have some incoming business over the winter.  My biggest question is the Rapid Tac product something we can use in the cooler temps with these big graphics, along with the time it takes us to get everything lined up without problems.

For the record, I use Oracal 751 for the graphics I'm doing.

Thank you.

Do a search there are several post about rapid tac 2 and some videos. It does work

Dan

And apparently reading comprehension fails you..............

Do a search there are several post about rapid tac 2 and some videos. It does work

Dan

And you would rather take an hour or two instead of a 10 min. search

Dan

And you would rather take an hour or two instead of a 10 min. search

Just as long as I'm not a grand larcenist of oxygen like yourself :(

too funny u really get worked up this forum does so much to help people and the first thing you do is blast dan trying to help you

class act,   hope you need other help soon :(

too funny u really get worked up this forum does so much to help people and the first thing you do is blast dan trying to help you

Yet another reason I hate people who are new to the Internet................. :(

Yet another reason I hate people who are new to the Internet................. :(

I was probably on the internet before your ass was born

Yeah Dan & Conquest ... BOO mesa . That is not the type of attitude that gets help . GREAT thing I am not a Mod .. the " Just as long as I'm not a grand larcenist of oxygen like yourself " you made to Dan would get some results  :(

wow, i dont even know what to say about this fiasco........

I've read this a few times and I'm still not sure how the quote feature owned Dan...

i believe he was referring to conquestgraphics post.

my reading comprehension is telling me that someone needs to get a heated garage. 

wow, i dont even know what to say about this fiasco........

I've read this a few times and I'm still not sure how the quote feature owned Dan...

i believe he was referring to conquestgraphics post.

my reading comprehension is telling me that someone needs to get a heated garage. 

& some friends , because he is not makin' any here ... needs an attitude adjustment , WV style  :(

You got me.

And to be productive, Rapid Tac works. However, Thursday I did an install of a rocker-panel stripe (covered the whole panel) and it was 53 deg. outside. I just used a good water/soap/alcohol solution and i was able to adjust the vinyl when needed. But, don't expect to pull it back up once it sits for about a minute, it will begin to flake and tear.