CATWOM1960

Would anyone have this Graphic ?

Thank you vtbubba I like the one you posted.

I also traced the original posters .jpg - don't know how it would be to cut it - but here it is in case it could work for you.

-Mike

6566.eps

post-4108-1298655771052_thumb.jpg

6566.eps

post-4108-12986557736673_thumb.jpg

Mars, do you mind telling me how you did that? I just mean what was the method, not all the details. Thanks

Thanks vtbubba,  Neuromax -- I dropped several hundred dollars for a nice program called Imagaro Z - it's got the ability to work with the bitmap image to make an autotrace come out better.  And tools to clean up the vector.

This image was not very detailed -- I tweaked the bitmap before tracing and used the auto cleanup feature to reduce the nodes after tracing - and deleted some of the smaller paths - spent about 5 or 10 minutes total.  It's not perfect but node editing in a cutting program like SBE will allow you to take out tiny pieces that won't weed easily and leave the overall impression of this motorcycle in the final cut image.

Inkscape is a free alternative - I used it and got good results - just takes longer. And there are some things I can do in Imagaro I couldn't do in Inkscape (with the auto tracing module).  If you spend the time to learn to hand trace - you can follow the contours of any image inkscape and make it into a cuttable vector path.  That would have taken me hours to do by hand (I'm s-l-o-w if you must know)

Good luck with your new Copam -- I love mine - and welcome to the forum.

-Mike

Good work BOB -- I have played with Plans a little (you sent it to me)  Nice program.

-Mike

I have used the free stuff quite a bit when I started, but like mars, I made the investment in some good software and never looked back. I got FLexisign Pro. It does a nice job of vectoring as well. node reduction works great and the node editing is killer.

Kevin

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the investing in good software.

Bob has become a whiz with Plans - I've seen him post some very nice images he has made -- I'm guessing it was probably relatively expensive back when he bought it.  I have heard lots of good things about Flexi Pro and have looked at some of the videos and drooled a little over how nice it looks like it works.  I think if you are doing work for money you are smart to get the tools that will save you time -- it will pay for itself in getting done quicker and with less stress -- both are important to me in my old slow motion stage of life.

-Mike