Sign in to follow this  
Michelaua

Application Liquid? Home MADe

what will be an good home made application liquid.

i hear about water with soap..

but what about water with some alcohol on it.

i need some recomendations pls.?

Thank you

One Gallon:

Fill gallon jug about 7/8 full. add 3 or 4 good squirts of sihwashing liquid soap. I use all kinds of brands,no one seems to be any better than the other. Add alcohol to fill rest of gallon. If you want it to smell like the expensive store-bought stuff,add some vanilla falvor.

Alternate,that I have used if you don't mind it being BLUE: (I got this from a sign guy with 40 years in the business)

3/4 gallon water,1/4 gallon windshield wiper solution. And the soap.

There are those who will say its not as good as the store bought stuff but I do amywhere from 2 to 5 signs and banners a DAY,every day,and mostly wet. I have NEVER had a proble with it. I am usually able to remove the tape after 2 minutes or less on glossy surfaces, about 5 minutes on banners that are not glossy.

Never a bubble,never a wrinkle. And I can tell you taht from having to REMOVE a few letters here and there(people do chaneg their minds)...the stuff does NOT affect the bond of the vinyl to the substrate.

Let me say one thing..I have a background in chemistry and there is NO magic ingredient in Rapid Tac or any other that makes it special. They like to say there is. But there isn't.

I use a few drops of baby shampoo with water. Been using it to install vinyl and window tint.