euro

contour cutting not working

hello,

help, please!

i cannot get "CUT A PRINT" function working. To my understanding, this function is used for contour cutting. Here's what I did:

1) using my SignBlazer program, i imported a design and printed it (with registration marks) into my color printer.

2) After that, i took that printed design and feed it into my LaserPoint Cutting Plotter. The media is vinyl, printed on a colored printer.

3) So i hit File.....Cut A Print....

4) a window pops out and it asked me to "Jog the cutter to the bottom right registration mark of print"..... so i did that.

5) i hit "Next" and it asked me to "Jog the cutter to the bottom left registration mark of print"..... so i did that.

6) I hit "Next" and options showed up "Cut the Print"......Redeye Offset (carriage direction)....Redeye offset (vinyl direction)"..... a this point, i hit CUT.... and it's not cutting. hit it so many times and it just doesn't cut.

any possible problem/solutions to this? thanks in advance.

Euro

i tried turning off the cutter and turning back on, rebooting my pc... but to no avail.

Did you do the jogging from within SignBlazer?

If you have the latest release of SignBlazer you can jog the cutter with the computer keyboard:

8 and 2 to jog the vinyl back and forth

4 and 6 to jog the cutter head back and forth

5 to set the jog speed

If this doesn't work can you please upload the file you are trying to cut so that I can test it.

Yes, Bruce... I did the jogging within SignBlazer.

I believe I have the latest SignBlazer version, 6.0.21

I just tried those numbers you gave me for jogging and they work, they move the cutter back and forth.

But when I hit CUT, nothing happens. It doesn't cut.

Here's the file. I don't know how to upload here in the forum so i'll ask you a favor to just download it from my site.

http://members.shaw.ca/designerfrank/samimg/cut-aprint-1.zip

It's a simple text. Not complicated. Please test it and let me know if i missed something?

Thanks.

What is missing is a "cut mask". With "Cut a Print" only objects that are set as a "Cut mask" will be cut.

Here is a short video on how to setup a cut mask. I have setup the cut mask to be an outline of the text in this case.

http://screencast.com/t/iTTQMRiNcff

The resulting file is attached. You should be able to print this file and then cut it.

cut-aprint-1.SBD

cut-aprint-1.SBD

hey bruce, i have an idea and hope you have time, maybe you can post some you tube videos of the simple but instruction lacking tasks that would help us understand some of the features of the new laserpoint plotter? it would be great if yourself and jerry signblazer would make some you tube videos. not only would this cut on time people spend on the phone trying to contact tech support but having a featured video is a strong selling point.. did i mention tshirt forums members are very interested in this plotter and software? just my 2 cents, hope you can find some time to shoot some video..

They are coming.

We are a small company and it takes time.

Also I HAVE TO LEARN the new software to make these videos.

Well we have the same problems learning new software as others.

So, yes, please be patient and we will be posting heaps of videos this year.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

PROBLEM SOLVED!... awesome!......thanks, Bruce.

i really appreciate the QUICK response/help there. now am back to business...

They are coming.

We are a small company and it takes time.

Also I HAVE TO LEARN the new software to make these videos.

Well we have the same problems learning new software as others.

So, yes, please be patient and we will be posting heaps of videos this year.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

great jerry! i look forward to the videos.

jerry maybe meanwhile you can help with when i get to the jog screen my laserpoint only will go so far, wont jog to the registration mark....it will jog back and forward and left and right but has a delay...

There are two things that could cause this ---

1. Examine you workspace area.  File>Workspace

a. Make sure that the workspace area matches or is bigger than the width of your vinyl and the length is long enough to cover the work.

b. Make sure all your work is within the workspace area.

2. In the cutter menu open setup and ensure that the vinyl width matches what is in the cutter. 

Hope this helps

Jerry from SignBlazer.