Sign in to follow this  
vintageblu

New too! From Alabama...and no i dont think im stupid..just need a lil help! LOL

I just purchased a LaserPoint 24 and I have everything loaded and running except when I click cut... it appears to send the job to production manager but the cutter never starts... (communication error apparently) but everything is hooked up correctly. Any help would be a blessing! I'm a week behind getting this thing going!

Hi There .  .

I had a problem with my Machine when i connected through the usb so I connected it to the serial port worked perfect ? ?

Hope this helps . .

P.s welcome from a newbie . .

thanks for that! i actually wondered about the cable but quickly realized my cable connector is different than my connector on my laptop... do you know if i can purchase an adapter to change out the connector thingy? hope that makes sense!?

are you sure you are cutting a vector eps file and not a bitmap?  Maybe you could post the file for us to look at?

thanks for that! i actually wondered about the cable but quickly realized my cable connector is different than my connector on my laptop... do you know if i can purchase an adapter to change out the connector thingy? hope that makes sense!?

What cable are you referring to? Serial or USB?

Although is sounds silly, make sure that after fooling around with the setting on the cutter that it says "On--line" before sending a job to cut.

have am using the usb now... trying to find an adapter for my laptop so i can try the serial cable... it does show on-line. its really weird because it says it is sending and goes to 100% sent but never activates the cutter. going today to office depot to see if they make a serial port adapter... my laptop has 3 rows of holes/prongs and the serial cable is only 2.

The 3 rows of holes typically would be a video port 15-pin.

A serial port is 9-pin. They make a USB to serial but I have seen on this forum that people suggest a keyspan adapter. That is the name brand of it.

Adapters are sometimes problematic, the more adapters you have the worse things are to trouble shoot. just my opinion!

tried the usb to serial adapter...did not work... do you all think i should just reinstall all software onto another pc instead of trying to use the laptop? i am seriously so upset that i have a migraine right now!!!! ugggggghhhhh! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :'(

It's worth a shot hooking it up to a different computer. Then if it works just figure out what you did differently and see if you can't get it to run from your laptop with those settings.

Hi , I did not see what software you are using :thumbsup: Instead of reinstalling software ( if you have to do that , SignCut etc ) I would try a desktop & download SignBlazer for free & try that . I would suggest contacting USCutter directly or put in a problem ticket etc . They can do a remote take over of your computer & check things out . It sounds like a setting issue IMO . It might take some reading if you decide to keep trying yourself instead of contacting USCutter , but the settings should be in the specific cutter & software sections . :thumbsup:

You are welcome .. if i knew more I would help more  :thumbsup: . I had problems like that starting out & most non computer people had the same starting out . When I get those problems now , I have to read thru alot of stuff to find out the exact settings & to make sure the right port was assigned  . Calling USCutter will be much less frustrating :thumbsup: .

Hello and welcome from wild wonderful West Virginia

Are you sure that you have the right com port set for your cutter? if not it will send the cut but never get to the cutter. I have read where many people have had trouble with usb cables I have an older compaq that I bought off ebay for 35.00 with serial port works great .

Dan