Sign in to follow this  
nenemott

5x4 foot sign

I was asked to make a 4x5 sign, problem is I do not have a large format printer, here is the design he wants, can anyone help.  I would have to make a 5x4 vinyl print and put it on a 5x4 pvc board.  Both sides. It would have to be laminated, as it is going outside of business store.  Any suggestions?

here is the kind of sign he wants, the sign below, he wants the chicken sign on it.

post-6940-12986557358134_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986557360125_thumb.jpg

post-6940-129865573832_thumb.jpg

post-6940-12986557385_thumb.jpg

I will be more then glad to do printing for you.

PM me if you are interested

Also for outdoor usage I would avoid  expended PVC.

@mopar691

No, Expand PVC (N Glantz sells it in different colors) is not meant for outdoor use (maybe for very short time) due to tendencies to warp.

well then i quess the 200 signs i have on expanded pvc are bad, and all the 3D signs everyone makes are bad. PVC was designed for outdoor use. I have never heard of it warping or failing due to weather, ive had some out there for 4 years, it still looks like the day i put it up. But for you to say its not for outdoor use is plainly wrong.

I will tell you if you have a 10' sheet and screw it tight to a wood wall in the four gorners in the cool morning and then come back in the afternoon the heat from the sun causes alot of expansion and will appear warped. That is true with almost any substrate if mounted on something ridgid with different expansion rates. This needs to be taken into consideration when mounting andhow to go about your mount. Mounted correctly this material wil lay flat and stay true for many, many years. Its use in three dimensial signing is extremely widespread for its durability and its ability to withstand all weather enviroments.

If you read the specs on Expanded PVC you get a variety of opinions.....Based on my research, it would not be my 1st choice for a long term application.....

I was talking about "Expanded PVC" N Glantz sells in different colors.

It's  reasonably priced , but when I asked manager about using it for outdoor purposes, he said "Stay away from it"

Enough said.

I'm not trying to be  mart ass , just sharing my knowledge with guys here.

I am mounting it on polycarbonate, as the original is still in good condition, I am taking off the vynil letters and replacing them with the vynil print.  thanks for your feedback.

My first choice is ACP or Alimincorr. This is a cheap alternative as a 10mm sheet is 1/4 the cost of anything else. And i am talking about "Expanded PVC".