Sign in to follow this  
Mouthguardman

Graphics For MouthGuards

I don't know if this material will work for your mouthguard application but it is a fabric so it will conform to different contours and is inkjet printable. I received a sample and it is pretty cool stuff.

http://www.phototexgroup.com/

That phototex looks like it requires a eco printer. Currently we don't have. We have talked to a printer, but we get issues becuase we some times print one mouth guard at a time for custom made guards. We have also be looking at some of the used older roland printerscutters. Looks like you can get one for about 800$.

In Photo Tex Uses on the website it states:

What equipment ? 

All Inkjet, DI and  Lithographic presses.

That's correct. I spoke with Phototex ones, and they said they work on Inkjets. They sent me samples for my Inkjet.

I contacted phototex and there sending us out some samples. They said that they even work with laser jet printers. I'll let you guys know if they would out.

Thanks

Never would have thought of putting graphics in mouth guards.

Thats what I find most interesting here. :thumbsup:

My wifes cousin owns a dental lab also. He put graphics in retainers but I don't think he makes mouth guards. I thik he just uses simple stickers in his. 

I don't think I would want to put ink, much less solvent ink in anyones mouth! I wouldn't even put the adhesive from regular vinyl in someones mouth. Am I understanding this correctly???

I don't think I would want to put ink, much less solvent ink in anyones mouth! I wouldn't even put the adhesive from regular vinyl in someones mouth. Am I understanding this correctly???

It is encased and sealed between layers of plastic.