Stlouistech

First T-Shirt Attempts!

They look good and they're funny too. I love the one that says, Dads. Against. Daughters. Dating. Especially since I have a daughter.

I have a question for you guys. Is it economical to make shirts with vinyl compared to having custom plastisol transfers made. The heat press vinyl seems rather expensive. How many designes can you make with a 5 yard roll?

Thanks...

The heat press vinyl is for short runs.  if you plan on doing 50 of a shirt have the transfers made, but with the set up charge and all the last run I had done was around 3.00 each.  any less than the 50 and it would have made sense to do it in heat applied

I do runs of 50 to 100 on shirts in vinyl all the time. But it depends on the design. Single color simple weed no problem. i can crank them out like crazy. Especially when you get the kids to dot he weeding for you. They are always wanting something, so we take it out in trade. Multiple color intricate design. I'm either screening them or making plastisol transfers for them. Depends on my time frame. If I make the transfers I can have the Son press them later.;-)

Kevin

I sure would like to see the math that shows 50 should be done in cut vinyl....You can buy 50 9" x 12.75" 1 colour transfers for about 75.00....

The math is whatever you can get for the shirts, and when you can get it. If someone walks into my place on Wednesday and says I need 50 shirts done by Friday in a rush. I obviously up-charge for the rush, and it costs more because it's done in vinyl. The customer pays it, we're both happy. So it's all a matter of what the customer needs. It's also a matter of what you need. You didn't include the cost of a setup for the transfers though did you? most of the suppliers I have used charge $35+ for an order that small. so now your up to $100+.

Also Most of the runs that are like that aren't large graphics. They are mostly Chest Logos or simple designs. Also when you design something like this for a customer you use SMART sizing. You make your designs fit into the vinyl size that you have. Like if using 15" vinyl' incorporate the size s 3" and 7" that way you utilize all you vinyl material with very little waste.

Vinyl shirt graphics can and are very profitable if done right.

Kevin

If you need stuff in a rush, you are correct vinyl is the way to go and you can get a "premium" price......And I do as well....

And if you are doing a small imprint, the math is different than for a large imprint.....50 chest transfer would be about 50.00 to 60.00....

But if you are paying 35.00 set up on transfer, you need to find a different supplier.....Many do not have that kind of charge...And there are many suppliers that charge way less that 3.00 each for 50 transfers....