Sign in to follow this  
deceptiveclothing

thermofelx plus where is best to buy?

I searched this heat press vinyl alot on ebay and various search engines...they all seem to be about the same price..probably buy from signsupply.com..anyone know where to get heat transfer vinyl for cheaper? :thanks:

I too am doing some searching to purchase some.  I received a sample from Great lakes Graphic supply, I believe they sell some on Ebay as well.  We were quite impressed with it, it weeds great....but trying to find it much cheaper than 37.50 is difficult, but I'm still looking.

Jenny

Guest fivestar

go checkout www.jotopaper.com and look up thier multicut and have them send you a sample.  This stuff is as good as thermoflex plus and it comes in 20 inch width for approx the same price as thermoflex plus that is only 15 inch wide.

Guest fivestar

approx.  how many shirts can be made out of a yard of material...say a 10" x 10" design? thanks

With multicut you could get 6  10x10 designs out of a yrd of material since it is 20 inches wide.  That's cutting it close going 10" wide, I'd go like 9.75" wide myself.

thanks for everyone imput..seems I bought myself some thermoflex plus to try..only bought a yard..if it works well I will continue to use it...I heard mixed reviews about joto paper...

Guest fivestar

Mixed reviews?  Do yourself a favor and email them for free samples and see for yourself.  I've never had one problem with their stuff and I have used ALOT of it.  BTW, you won't be disappointed with the thermoflex plus either, it is great, just that it is only 15" wide compared to joto's multicut being 20" wide and that means a world of difference for what I usually make.

I tried jotopaper - and when I called, they said they would have to email or fax me an order form.  That was yesterday.  I've since followed up with an email to their sales department asking for an order form -- and still no response.  I really wanted to try multicut for some police dept. shirts I have to make next week, but they're not making it easy on me.... :lol:

I can't speak for Joto's "MultiCut".. but I DO use the ThermoFlex Plus.  I output names for individual tshirts for kids at our local YMCA's Father/Kid campouts.  I get the ThermoFlex frolm my regular supplier (I'm in Dallas, Tx, but I use McBee Supply out of Houston).  I believe I paid about $38.25 + shipping for a 15"x5yd roll.  The Joto deal does look like a money saver - since it's on 20" rolls for essentially the same price.  McBee sells the 15"x25yd rolls for $181.70 + shipping.

Being a geeky number cruncher who loves to see the bottom line at the end of EVERY day...  Here's the comparison... presuming two nearly identical products from two different manufacturers:

In bulk:

ThermoFlex: = 15"x25yds = 13,500 sq. inches of material for $181.70 (plus shipping) = 1.3459 cents per sq. inch (or 20.18 cents per linear inch at 15" wide)

MultiCut: = 20"x27yds = 19,440 sq. inches of material for $198.00 (plus shipping) = 1.0185 cents per sq. inch (or 20.37 cents per linear inch at 20" wide)

I've dealt with Joto in years past - when buying regular inkjet heat transfer paper for our heat press...  Maybe time to deal with them again...  I can get many more names on a roll that offers me 5940 square inches more of material for essentially the same price.  Any minor difference in shipping costs are more than made up for in the additional material that allows me more product to sell to consumers on decorated shirts for the same shipping.....

Now.. that said.. Has anyone seen a side-by-side comparison of the two products?  Are they similar in cut depth, wear on blades, weedability, time, pressure and temperature needed to apply to the garment?

I warned you guys that I was a geek... now, what did I do with my slide-rule...  :)

Rex S.

Tees and Things

Richardson, Tx

Guest fivestar

Yup I have did many side-by-side comparisions and you can't tell which is which after pressing.  As far as material thickness, I "think" they are identical thicknesses or very very close.  Joto's backing may be a "little" stickier and weeding is again pretty much identical.  I use the same time and temps for both products, I hope this helps.

i just got a roll from specialty-graphics.com            lil cheaper than most but not much.....although I did order it Sun. and it got here today (wednesday) fast

FYI - I just ordered some MultiCut from Joto, and as of Feb 1st, their prices have gone up.  It's not reflected yet on the website, but their salesperson tells me that he'll make their IT team aware of the changes that need to be made to the online price list.