Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Text to fit in Image - Corel Draw X3

I have tried the envelope tool and I also tried fit text to curve and I cannot for the life of me get it to center and curve the text to this image like the one I have attached. I am confused...I can get it partly in there, but when I move it, it goes crazy and looks all messed up.

Any help would be awesome!

post-9129-12986556931471_thumb.png

post-9129-12986556959523_thumb.png

If the text is correct and the only problem is that it's on the top and not the bottom, just grab the little red square and drag it around the edge of the circle to where you want it.

Joe

I've found on occasion my computer acts like it's overwhelmed when attempting to do what you describe and end up with similar results as you. I would describe this as the ADD syndrome, as it appears to have too many distractions from the design's other elements. Perhaps if you duplicate the design, crop out the elements not essential to the fitting of text. Insure the text is center formatted prior to attempting this and not too large for the path. Once it's in it's desired shape, you would then break it away and move it to the complete design. 

Go to advancedartist.com, he has a tutorial on fitting text into a sports tail, I think it will do want you want. It shows how to manipulate nodes to fit. Also he has a free sports tail download thats pretty nice. Mark

I would probably create a circle the same size as what you're trying to fit to, line it up, and use that (opposed to trying to fit the text to the odd shape). Much less hassle this way. Then delete the circle when you're done.